• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

can someone tell me what needs to be done in my store?

discojacob

I can help:

1. Images are squished. Use one thumbnail image at 100x100 (or whatever size your template uses) and a seperate large preview file. There are contributions available that allow you to do this.

2. Shipping&Returns and COnditions need text adding, or remove the links.

3. Privacy policy page can use HTML tags to split your text, if you like. For example, the "We also never give away your information to third party companies." may be better in it's own line. use <p> or <br/> to split the line. You can also use this on your home page and product info.

4. Your button backgrounds appear to be a feint grey box. Make the backgrounds transparent.

5. "Write Review" button is in a different format completely - shows that you're using a reworked template :-)

6. Same with teh "log in" button

7. Icons on some pages (contact us for example) have default icons. Change in catalog/images/ drirectory.

8. There's no search function accessible from the site (although you can type in the url to reach advanced_search.php)

9. What is the "garagesale bazzar" button/graphic for? Is it a leftover from teh template? Looks odd (and "bazaar" is spelled incorrectly)

10. Use Ultimate SEO for changing yoru urls to more search engine friendly ones.

11. Also, Header Tags SEO contribution for changing title elements and meta tags.

12. Add a dropshadow to the "Australia" in your logo - make it standout a little more.

Hope that this helps.

Danny

Archived