• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need to duplicate products.

racingfit

Need to duplicate products.

I need to duplicate many stock items, into two sub headings. Is there an easy way to do this or will I have to re enter the products again?

Many items I have I sell in two main colours- Green and Tan. I know want to have two sub headings so that customers can go straight o green products or straight to tan products. At the moment they choose when they buy them what colour they want.

Cheers.

Wouldn't the product attributes be a better way of showing your products and available color ??

To have two separate listings for the same products, in red and in green seems redundant. Sorry, I am not really answering your question, just trying to understand it.

Chris

I do not use attributes on my site. Although I have a number of items that have different colors they have seperate part #'s. So as not have to re-enter I use two methods. If I have only one or two to duplicate I bring up the item in Admin, press "Copy To" and select "Duplicate Product". This will copy the item with the same stock number. When the screen refreshes you will see the duplicate but in InActive Status. I then edit it with a new stock number change the Stock Status to "In Stock" and save it. If you have a lot to do, take a look at Easy Populate. If you are cool with a spreadsheet it is a good tool for what you are doing on a larger scale.

Archived