• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

issue creating new account in store home page

hi there

i've all of a sudden had errors come up trying to creating a new account from store home page

creating new account = Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/naturall/public_html/catalog/includes/languages/english/create_account.php on line 16

anyone have any idea how to fix this??

sorry i'm a little new to this.

You'll have to post the contents of /catalog/includes/languages/english/create_account.php

There's a syntax error there but no one can tell you what to change without seeing exactly what's there.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

You'll have to post the contents of /catalog/includes/languages/english/create_account.php

There's a syntax error there but no one can tell you what to change without seeing exactly what's there.

*/

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Create an Account');

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'My Account Information');

define('TEXT_ORIGIN_LOGIN', '<font color="#FF0000"><small><b>NOTE:</b></font></small> If you already have an account with us, please login at the <a href="%s"><u>login page</u></a>.');

define('EMAIL_SUBJECT', 'Welcome to ' . STORE_NAME 'Store');

define('EMAIL_GREET_MR', 'Dear Mr. %s,' . "\n\n");

define('EMAIL_GREET_MS', 'Dear Mrs. %s,' . "\n\n");

define('EMAIL_GREET_NONE', 'Dear %s' . "\n\n");

define('EMAIL_WELCOME', 'We welcome you to <b>' . STORE_NAME . '</b>.' . "\n\n");

define('EMAIL_TEXT', 'You can now take part in the <b>various services</b> we have to offer you. Some of these services include:' . "\n\n" . '<li><b>Permanent Cart</b> - Any products added to your online cart remain there until you remove them, or check them out.' . "\n" . '<li><b>Order History</b> - View your history of purchases that you have made with us.' . "\n" . '<li><b>Purchase Online</b> - Purchase any products online 24hrs a day, 7 days a week at your convenience.' . "\n\n");

define('EMAIL_CONTACT', 'For help with any of our online services, please email: ' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '.' . "\n\n");

define('EMAIL_WARNING', '<b>Note:</b> This email address was given to us by one of our customers. If you did not signup to be a member, please send an email to ' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '.' . "\n");

?>

I took a back up of this before I changed the file, however when I restored the backup, the create_account.php file didn't restore. I had the same problem with english.php file as well.

That line has the problem.

Maybe this:

define('EMAIL_SUBJECT', 'Welcome to ' . STORE_NAME . ' Store');

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

That line has the problem.

Maybe this:

define('EMAIL_SUBJECT', 'Welcome to ' . STORE_NAME . ' Store');

You're a legend, thank you!!!!

I took a back up

If by that you mean you did a "backup" in the Admin you should know that all the Admin backup does is backup the database.

If you want to backup the files on the site you have to do that manually by other means..

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Archived