• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Titles in Browsers

ant0nios

I wanted to ask how can the product titles can be displayed in the top of the browser. What do i have to change? Currently it only displays the name of the Browser. I would really appreciate if you can point me a link in the forums, or even better to tell me what do i have to change in order for the titles of the products to be displayed in the top of the browser.

Thank you in advance

Every page in almost every site has a page title on the top. Mine has nothing. for example this page dispays OsCommerce Community support Forums ->.....

What i want to do is when looking the description of a product, the product title to be dispayed in the top of the Browser. do i have to make a change in the product_info.php in the line

<title><?php echo $products_name; ?></title>

Every page in almost every site has a page title on the top. Mine has nothing. for example this page dispays OsCommerce Community support Forums ->.....

What i want to do is when looking the description of a product, the product title to be dispayed in the top of the Browser. do i have to make a change in the product_info.php in the line

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...=284703&hl=

check this topic! Also try using my post (#13)

Unfortynately i still havent figure out how to show the name of the product but at least you can show the name of the store and the name of categories!!

install a meta tag contribution and you will get titles in the browsers for products, categories ++++

I understand that i will have more flexibility with a meta tag contribution, and i will eventually install such contribution at a later stage. But i would like to ask if there is a simpler way of adding the product titles in the browser top. More specifically, by changing a line to the product_info.php to <title><?php echo $products_name; ?></title>. I think that is also a way of adding the product titles to the browser, but for some reason it doesn;t seem to work. Can anyone tell me if the latter way can work, if yes how and am i doing wrong?

Thank you again, for your help.

You're at the right place. Just make your changes.

<title><low price computer></title>

I understand that i will have more flexibility with a meta tag contribution, and i will eventually install such contribution at a later stage. But i would like to ask if there is a simpler way of adding the product titles in the browser top. More specifically, by changing a line to the product_info.php to <title><?php echo $products_name; ?></title>. I think that is also a way of adding the product titles to the browser, but for some reason it doesn;t seem to work. Can anyone tell me if the latter way can work, if yes how and am i doing wrong?

Thank you again, for your help.

It does not work because the $product_name is not set when the <title> is called, so it will just give you an "empty" result.

You need to make a query for the product name in the file which is placed before the <title> tag .

Or simply just use this.

It does not work because the $product_name is not set when the <title> is called, so it will just give you an "empty" result.

You need to make a query for the product name in the file which is placed before the <title> tag .

Or simply just use this.

I agree with Jenny. A meta tag addon is your best option, even if you have to put a little more effort into it.

I suggest either, Header Tags Controller, Header Tags SEO or the one mentioned above (my top choices are the HTC addons).

You will need them anyway and they will give you the browser title that you want now so you might as well dive in. :rolleyes:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Archived