• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can't change background color of box heading completely

orchid

Hi,

I tried to change the background color of box heading to orange ( TD.infoBoxHeading in stylesheet.css), however, there is still a portion of the default color by OScommerce.

How can I change the color completely to orrange? And also, how can I get rid of text "Powered by osCommerce" as well as the box showing "os-commerce: open source e-commerce solution at the bottom"? Please help.

If you're referring to the gray corners - They're images.

Look here:

How do I ...?

Tip 8

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

WOW I didn't know they are images. Thank you for your help. I will look into that and try deleting the images. And also, how can I get rid of text "Powered by osCommerce" as well as the box showing "os-commerce: open source e-commerce solution at the bottom"? Please help.

To remove the things from the footer involves making edits to two files.

I highly recommend you make backups of both files before making any edits.

PHP can be very unforgiving.

To get rid of the "Powered by osCommerce" look in /includes/languages/english.php for this code:

define('FOOTER_TEXT_BODY', 'Copyright © ' . date('Y') . ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . STORE_NAME . '</a><br>Powered by <a href="http://www.oscommerce.com" target="_blank">osCommerce</a>');

Alter it to this:

define('FOOTER_TEXT_BODY', 'Copyright © ' . date('Y') . ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . STORE_NAME . '</a><!--<br>Powered by <a href="http://www.oscommerce.com" target="_blank">osCommerce</a>//-->');

To remove the other item look in /includes/footer.php for this code:

<br>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr>
<td align="center"><?php echo tep_display_banner('static', $banner); ?></td>
 </tr>
</table>

Change it to this:

<!--
<br>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr>
<td align="center"><?php echo tep_display_banner('static', $banner); ?></td>
 </tr>
</table>
//-->

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

I successfully removed OS-Commerce box and "Powered by OS-Commerce" as you instructed. Thank you very much. I am just stuck with grey corner graphics as mentioned above. Please help. Thank you

the grey corners are VERY easy to get rid of.. did you read the link??

Well, if you didn't find out WHAT they are named and WHAT file folder they are in. You can do that by right clicking (or ctrl click) and click properties.. The best thing you can do is upload the file to your cpu, open it in a graphic editor (i like illustrator) and delete the image and just save it as a transparent image, re-upload it into the same place and you are done.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

did you use that method?

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Archived