• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Breadcrumb Duplication Destination

Oasisrar

I don't know what would have made it do this (I haven't done much on it to already have messed it up) but when I press on the catalog breadcrumb it takes me to my homepage-or "top" page. I can't figure out what would have made it start doing that. I guess another related idea or way to explain it is that when you are at the "top" page it shows the breadcrumb "top>>catalog" even though it should only say top. Let me know if I'm way off base. I just didn't know how to search for this issue in the forums.

Stacy

.... when I press on the catalog breadcrumb it takes me to my homepage-or "top" page. I can't figure out what would have made it start doing that. I guess another related idea or way to explain it is that when you are at the "top" page it shows the breadcrumb "top>>catalog" even though it should only say top.....

:) To quote Douglas Adams "Don't Panic". You haven't done anything wrong. That is what it is supposed to do. The difference is when you click on "Top" it is the same as arriving at the site for the first time and you are allocated a new session id. Clicking on "Catalog" allows the current session to remain open. It guest one point of this may be to leave the door open for the customising of your site to have a special "Welcome to my site for the first Time today" display. I'm no expert .. maybe one of our Gurus may shed more light on the subtleties of this. :rolleyes:

Archived