• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding a border made out of images around my whole site, I want to create GIF files for all the different sides of my site

nathanresick

I want to create GIF files for all the different sides of my site. (abbysreflectiononline.com/

The point being that the grey line that surrounds my site would be replaced on all sides by a gradient making the grey fade into the blue background.

I can't for the life of me figure this out. Help!

I can give this a try.. I know that the entire site is encased in a table, which is made with html.. THIS is the type of code that you would need to do in order to put images as a table border

<TABLE BORDER=0 CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER> <TR><TD HEIGHT=58 COLSPAN=3 BACKGROUND="Your background url here"> </TD></TR> <TR><TD WIDTH=46 BACKGROUND="Your background url here"> </TD> <TD BGCOLOR ="#FFCC99" WIDTH=220 HEIGHT=117 ALIGN=CENTER>table data would be here</TD> <TD WIDTH=46 BACKGROUND="Your background url here"> </TD> </TR> <TR><TD HEIGHT=58 COLSPAN=3 BACKGROUND="Your background url here"> </TD></TR> </TABLE>

OR you could use CSS and make a class for it

.dottedtable td { background-image: url(boreder.gif);
background-repeat: repeat-x }

now when it comes to finding the actual table that encompasses the entire website, that i do not really know..

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

did this help?

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Archived