• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I remove a SSL

Hello guys

I have/had a fully functional SSL cert on my site. I have moved domain and obviously this is causing distress to the SSL so I need to remove it whilst I sort out the certs etc.

For an example I have moved my site from www.a.com to www.b.com (b.com being where my website is currently and the one which I am going to use from now on)

So I have changed the includes/config file to enable_sll', false

and all of my links show www.b.com.

I have changed the details in includes/header.php to show no signs of SSL.

Still not working.....

any ideas?

PS My hosting company told me that they could not move the SSL cert of my original domain to my new domain, even though both domains are with them, is this usual?

Moving a site is different from changing a domain name. If you changed servers or hosts, the original ssl should work unless your host prevents it for some reason. If you changed domain names, you will have to purchase another cert.

As for disabling it, just turning off the enable option in the configure file should be all that is needed, in a standard oscommerce shop, at least.

I can't imagine why a cert can't be moved by the same host unless it is because you changed domain names. In that case, they are correct.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Moving a site is different from changing a domain name. If you changed servers or hosts, the original ssl should work unless your host prevents it for some reason. If you changed domain names, you will have to purchase another cert.

As for disabling it, just turning off the enable option in the configure file should be all that is needed, in a standard oscommerce shop, at least.

I can't imagine why a cert can't be moved by the same host unless it is because you changed domain names. In that case, they are correct.

Jack

OK thanks Jack

It still doesn't work though, if I hover over register for example it will show www.b.com/login.php but when i click it, it will load www.a.com/login.php

Thanks again

If you're on the same server you used to be but under the new domain name, try setting "Use cache" to false in your admin.

If you've moved to a totally different server, see if this file exists:

/includes/local/configure.php

If it exists be sure it contains the correct information.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived