• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I edit my conditions page?

jakedavi

Hi jakedavi

I just happen to be working on this page and the other two that are similar (shipping and returns, privacy notice) . . . I just thought you might find the following variable useful:

' . STORE_NAME . '

This will auto-write your store name wherever you place it in the text. (must be exactly as you see it) This is particularly useful if a name change or modification takes place in the future.

Hmmm. Im also trying to get into the conditions, privacy policy, s/h and cant edit. I tried what you said, " catalog>includes>languages>english>conditions.php" but that doesnt come up. Under catalog is only

Categories/Products

Products Attributes

Subcategory textbox

Manufacturers

Reviews

Specials

How do I proceed?

in catalog>includes>languages>english>conditions.php

Chris

i think you misunderstood> you need to go to your file manager, open the catalog folder, then the includes folder, then the languages folder, then the english folder, THEN you will find the CONDITIONS.PHP file where you can edit it to say what you want it to say

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

ya, what Lindsay said !!

Thank you for clarifying that, I guess I should have been more specific.

You can always use your FTP to download the file, edit it and upload it. I find it easier that way so I can use my editor (it corrects my mistakes for me or alerts me to mistakes I made before I upload it again). NOT saying I make a lot of mistakes........but, I make my share......and then some.

:blush:

Hi jakedavi

I just happen to be working on this page and the other two that are similar (shipping and returns, privacy notice) . . . I just thought you might find the following variable useful:

' . STORE_NAME . '

This will auto-write your store name wherever you place it in the text. (must be exactly as you see it) This is particularly useful if a name change or modification takes place in the future.

thats was an insightful tidbit. thanks :D

SPACE FOR RENT!

Archived