• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

need some quick design feedback

lindsayanng

I have two options for a login box that i can not decide between.

If you have a look at my site, right now you will see the banner up top, the shopping cart to the right and underneath, the login info. If you login, you will then see a navigation bar (like the top navigation bar) that will have all of your account option (ie: my account, edit account, add address, log off, ect) Right now, all of this is linear and horizontal. The only thing that WILL be different is i am going to get rid of the outline and align it to the left, not the right like it is now (i'm still working on it)

THE OTHER OPTION IS

to have a box that kinda matches the shopping cart, so the header would all be on the same row. You would see first the Login Box (or my account box if you are logged in) then the banner which will be centered, and the shopping cart all the way to the right. This is one way of making my header so that it will fit almost any screen because even if there is space between the boxes and the banner, there will be NO empty spaces.

So what do YOU think is better??? Any suggestions?

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

I have two options for a login box that i can not decide between.

If you have a look at my site, right now you will see the banner up top, the shopping cart to the right and underneath, the login info. If you login, you will then see a navigation bar (like the top navigation bar) that will have all of your account option (ie: my account, edit account, add address, log off, ect) Right now, all of this is linear and horizontal. The only thing that WILL be different is i am going to get rid of the outline and align it to the left, not the right like it is now (i'm still working on it)

THE OTHER OPTION IS

to have a box that kinda matches the shopping cart, so the header would all be on the same row. You would see first the Login Box (or my account box if you are logged in) then the banner which will be centered, and the shopping cart all the way to the right. This is one way of making my header so that it will fit almost any screen because even if there is space between the boxes and the banner, there will be NO empty spaces.

So what do YOU think is better??? Any suggestions?

ummm... wheres the link please... :blink:

SPACE FOR RENT!

OOPS SORRY!!

FURRY FAMILY

thanks for looking

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

well, i did another change to the header, and if you have a moment, i would love for you to take a look and let me know what you think.. and possibly create a test account to see what the new account menu looks like. Just dont buy anything because you will be charged

well, i did another change to the header, and if you have a moment, i would love for you to take a look and let me know what you think.. and possibly create a test account to see what the new account menu looks like. Just dont buy anything because you will be charged

Seem to be missing lots of pics.

I`m not keen on the login box in the header, I would just add a login to the breadcrumb.

You have a lot of required feilds on the account, I think its best to limit, whats the point of requiring something thats easily fibbed about, if you need dob I would add drop downs for that, avoids customer getting annoyed with errors.

Have you read this? http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31021

I like the header & category pics though.

:)

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

if you are talking about missing the category images, YES.. I am taking on too many projects at one time and i can not seem to get all the graphics done.. but they will be the same, or similar, to the BIRDS one.

as for the redirect on the login, it was something that i definitely planned on doing. OR i was thinking making the create profile thing optional. I did some research on pet forums and found that half of the people there have abandoned shopping carts because they were forced to create an account. Now i THINK that it because 80% of the people on that particular forum are over the age of 40 and prefer to leave as little trace as possible on the net. I feel that people 35 and under are more comfortable in general with doing transactions online (so long as the security is there on the website) and they will happily make a profile. The thing is, with pet supplies, my market is entire split. People of all ages shop online for pet supplies.

So i am torn, again.. SHOULD i just make the create profile optional?? or should i do what you suggest and just redirect them seamlessly to the create profile so that they do not "feel" it as much??

I will also take out the DOB and the gender as they are kinda useless. i guess i'm just nosey.

Archived