• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

need some quick design feedback.

lindsayanng

Here is my question.. I decided that i want my login box, banner, and shopping cart all in my header of my site (kind alike amazon or petco.com) The design i felt would word was to put the login box in the far left, the banner in the center, and the shopping cart in the far right. I would make the banner so that if you were looking at the page on the smallest screen, it would fit almost perfectly, but if you had a widescreen, it would not look like a ton of empty space like i had before i added those two things.. just an inch or two on either side of the banner

now my other option that was brought to me by someone who is helping me with this is to have to login set up similar to the top navigation where everything is lined up horizontally and in a row..

What do you all think??

here is the link to the site now so you can KINDA see what i am saying.. it is not entirely layed out correctly, but you can see what i am saying

FURRY FAMILY

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

You have a nice site there, i think adding those two boxes with the borders into your header will spoil the look of it.

You have spare space down the left & right Columns you could use if you chose to.

Your banner suits your site so well, it IMHO be a shame to have to change it.

Regards

Nic

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

i am VERY surprised that my banner has gotten such good feedback, i have been a little disappointed in it

I moved those two things away from the columns because they were getting too long and THEY were looking cluttered.

If you have a minute, take a look now and let me know what you think about having the quick login along the bottom of the banner..

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

i am VERY surprised that my banner has gotten such good feedback, i have been a little disappointed in it

I moved those two things away from the columns because they were getting too long and THEY were looking cluttered.

If you have a minute, take a look now and let me know what you think about having the quick login along the bottom of the banner..

Thats because you look at it every day you start to doubt!

Your site fills up the page nicely now.

One thing, your category links on the front page are doubling up.

Regards

Nic

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

I'd concentrate on mkaing the page less busy. Get rid the rubbish that is never used, eg "reviews" etc. Why have a categories infobox when you have a large categories tablebox?

This is an ecomm site - so why have articles? Use them on the likes of ezinearticles to get inbound links to your PRODUCT pages.

But the thing is, if i get rid of the categories box in the right, then which the guests are browsing, they wont be able to get to a different category, and as for the MAIN page with the categories, it just attracts more attention to getting people INSIDE the store with the products, right??? what do you suggest i put there instead.

The articles is something that I have always wanted to have, but i CAN get rid of the new articles box on the right, and DEFINTIELY the reviews box (which no one looks at anyways) but i like having the articles because it will bring people to my site who might be looking for information, and then just GET them there. The more text on the site the better, and if people get used to refering to my site for information, they will start to trust it more for products too. If you have shopped at just about any online pet store, there are ALWAYS informational articles on there.. Drs. Foster & Smith (the biggest online retailer of pet supplies) started that way.

I dont really understand what you meant when you said use them on the likes of ezine articles..

and yea, the category links are doubling up because its a default if there are no images.. once i get the images up there, i am going to take away ALL text

Archived