• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Checkout Process - Add Another Page?

timmle

My store is optical based and prescription details are needed to complete the order, and i was wondering which was the best way to do this???

Many competitors take this at the stage of checkout, and the information i need is rather simple.

Right Eye. SPH [ENTRY] CYL [ENTRY] AXIS [ENTRY] ADD [ENTRY] P.D. [ENTRY]

Left Eye. SPH [ENTRY] CYL [ENTRY] AXIS [ENTRY] ADD [ENTRY] P.D. [ENTRY]

obviously where ENTRY is i need a field which is stored in the database or somewhere in the customer's order to us.

Adding an extra page to the checkout is what i would really like to do, where ENTRY is i would love to have a drop down list which a value can then be selected.

Please please please could someone give me advice of how i would go about doing this???

Thankyou.

you make an incredibly valid point. I'm actually in the process of adding this information to the account information page and having problems adding a drop down menu for prescriptions, so if anyone can give me step by step instructions of how to add a drop down menu with several options to be added to the customer's account information i would be very grateful.

Thaknyou in advance.

Why not add them to your customers add account page that way they are saved for future purchases, or can be edited if there are changes

Nic

you make an incredibly valid point. I'm actually in the process of adding this information to the account information page and having problems adding a drop down menu for prescriptions, so if anyone can give me step by step instructions of how to add a drop down menu with several options to be added to the customer's account information i would be very grateful.

Thaknyou in advance.

Take a look at the contributions, there will be some help on there,

Alternately Spooks has some contributions that might help you, he has them as his signature.

regards

NIc

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

Archived