• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Well, Yesterday I Vowed To Give Up On osC

jsummers

Can anyone tell me why I get this when I click on the catagories?

Let's See What We Have Here

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '21'

another problem I'm having..

why, when a usps shipping method is selected, no matter which method is selected, it returns, without exception, the "express" option on the confirmation page? (That's the first one) This must be a really tough one cuz I've seen this problem or a variation of it mentioned several times but no responses... hmmm..

and..

why do images (I'm talking about the same product image, not different ones) show in some parts of the catalog and not others? Most notably in the new products section in the left column. On some pages the image displays and others its the red "X" error

several other problems I've been able to fix, I've managed some page format changes, but I'm just a humble merchant, not a programmer... so can someone please help? I've only got about 10 weeks to target date and any help will be VERY much appreciated!

jes..

You appear to be user an older version of osCommerce which needs to be updated for PHP5/MYSQL5 compatabilety.

You can upgrade it to the latest version (Rc2a)

or

You can download and use the latest version (Rc2a)

or

You can just update your version with the required php5/mysql5 code snippets, click here...

You appear to be user an older version of osCommerce which needs to be updated for PHP5/MYSQL5 compatabilety.

You can upgrade it to the latest version (Rc2a)

or

You can download and use the latest version (Rc2a)

or

You can just update your version with the required php5/mysql5 code snippets, click here...

according to the host it looks like we're using php version 4.4.8,

mysql version 4.0.18,

osc version 2.2-ms2

anyone else got any ideas?

according to the host it looks like we're using php version 4.4.8,

mysql version 4.0.18,

osc version 2.2-ms2

anyone else got any ideas?

I have a very good idea.

Try searching the forums before asking questions I googled your issue and immediately came up with pages of results.

The first was ..

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4654

The other thing is that toyicebear gave you thoroughly good advice but you walked past it as though he was talking rubbish .. he wasn't.

You have MS2.2 upgrade it as he mentioned or download RC2a.

Also I doubt you are on mysql version 4.0.18 looks like a MySQL 5 error to me.

I saw your ridiculous post yesterday, that sort of attitude will get your questions ignored.

I have a very good idea.

Try searching the forums before asking questions I googled your issue and immediately came up with pages of results.

The first was ..

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4654

The other thing is that toyicebear gave you thoroughly good advice but you walked past it as though he was talking rubbish .. he wasn't.

You have MS2.2 upgrade it as he mentioned or download RC2a.

Also I doubt you are on mysql version 4.0.18 looks like a MySQL 5 error to me.

I saw your ridiculous post yesterday, that sort of attitude will get your questions ignored.

didnt walk past it... checked with my host and that's the versions they told me we are using and if I apply a fix to version 5 when I'm running version 4... well, like I said, I'm not a programmer but that doesnt sound like its gonna fix much to me. Besides, all the polite people with similar issues dont even get a response. Got yer butt outa the chair tho didnt we, lol. Ridiculous? attitude?? all I want is to see some stuff work like its supposed to. Have to admit I didnt think of google, but I HAVE been searching the board for 2 days, I thought you read my ridiculous post yesterday... and I did see that post you so generously shared. It goes something like this:

If you get this message it is probably due to your server upgrading to php5 or MySQL5. You get the message when you try a search on your site. The new OSC from around Sept-Oct 2006 or so, doesn't have this problem.

You just need to change one section in index.php and one in advance search_result.php.

Well, we have established that we aint runnin version 5 (again, according to the host) but nevertheless, I'm curious, and maybe I missed it... but maybe you can tell me... which one section in the index.php and which one in the advance search_result.php would we be refering to and what should it be changed to? Any help is VERY much appreciated!

and toyicebear, I did not mean to appear rude to you, thank you very much for your response

In admin, under tools, server info, what does it say??

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

In admin, under tools, server info, what does it say??

Thanks Sam!

I didnt know to look here, just went by what I was told. Once again, I'm not a programmer, but I'm learning a little more all the time.

php 4.4.8

osc 2.2-ms2

sql 5!

I will now see about that fix or upgrade.

Anyone know which section in the index.php and which one in the advance search_result.php needs to be changed and what changes to make?

Thanks again!

Thanks Sam!

I didnt know to look here, just went by what I was told. Once again, I'm not a programmer, but I'm learning a little more all the time.

php 4.4.8

osc 2.2-ms2

sql 5!

Anyone know which section in the index.php and which one in the advance search_result.php needs to be changed and what changes to make?

Thanks again!

This contribution explains it all and what to change!!

Thanks Sam!

php 4.4.8

osc 2.2-ms2

sql 5!

Thanks again!

As I suspected, I think you owe Robert an apology!

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Archived