• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Nav/banner php include

Melis689

Hi,

I have a php file that is included on all of my pages of my existing site. This php file includes my navigation and banner.

I want to add this php file to my shopping cart pages.

I've tried doing an "include" and a "require" on header.php but it isn't working.

Can anybody help me.

Thank you,

Melissa

there already is a header.php in the catalog/includes folder which holds the code for the banner and nav. bar and breadcrumb... You can just edit that so it looks the way you want instead of creating a whole new one and updating the rest of the files

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

there already is a header.php in the catalog/includes folder which holds the code for the banner and nav. bar and breadcrumb... You can just edit that so it looks the way you want instead of creating a whole new one and updating the rest of the files

I already have one, I'm not creating one. See I have a site that is 300+ pages and the all use an include that is my nav and banner. I want my shopping cart pages to use the php include too, but I can't get it to work.

i'm sorry, i misunderstood what you were asking. i cant really help you, but it might be helpful to anyone who reads this if you explain HOW it is not working.. do you get an error, what is the code that you are TRYING to enter.. the more info thebetter

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

i'm sorry, i misunderstood what you were asking. i cant really help you, but it might be helpful to anyone who reads this if you explain HOW it is not working.. do you get an error, what is the code that you are TRYING to enter.. the more info thebetter

That's ok, I have a hard time explaining myself. I appreciate your feedback.

I'm not getting an error is just won't load my php. It is a blank screen.

This is my website: sensoray.com, every page uses a php file to load the nav, banner, urchin stuff--etc.

I want all of my shopping cart files to use this too.

I don't know how, and that's what I need help with.

Thank you!

i'm sorry.. i went to your site and clicked around and i do not see an error or a blank page. I see that you have and catalog which does NOT have an add to cart in the product descriptions, but instead a catalog order sheet where you put the model number in, so i do not REALLY see where the issue is.

I'm sorry if i am being stupid, but i just dont see the problem.. maybe it's because it is hard to see where the shopping cart begins and ends, which is a GOOD thing because it is integrated so nicely.

i'm sorry.. i went to your site and clicked around and i do not see an error or a blank page. I see that you have and catalog which does NOT have an add to cart in the product descriptions, but instead a catalog order sheet where you put the model number in, so i do not REALLY see where the issue is.

I'm sorry if i am being stupid, but i just dont see the problem.. maybe it's because it is hard to see where the shopping cart begins and ends, which is a GOOD thing because it is integrated so nicely.

ok, here: http://www.sensoray.com/index2.htm

There is a logo, nav bar down the left and nav bar across the top. This is generated by a php file. It is an include so it looks the exact same on every page.

I want that to be on my shopping cart pages. I want to use that include on all of my cart pages. If I put it on or try to add it, the pages won't load.

So, it's not there because I don't know how to do it.

I actually don't want people to see the cart until they go to a product and under the prices tab, I want an add to cart function.

Then when they go to the cart, I want my nav file to be there, not theirs. I might include a few of the boxes, but that's it.

so this store is NOT an oscommerce store yet? I am SOO sorry if i sound stupid, but i do not see where ANY shopping cart is other than the model number order sheet which you get to when you are ready to purchase online..

Do you have a link to you shopping cart page that is missing the nav bar and maybe post the code for that page?

Archived