• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Confirmation

Aussie Dizzy

Hi All,

My client's website is using PayPal as a payment gateway for Credit Cards, etc.

The problem we are faced with is this; after going through the PayPal payment, a receipt of payment is recieved, this receipt contains payment details of which the "Order Description" shows up as the Shopping Cart's name not the actual product/s ordered. Albeit a minor problem my client has asked me to FIX the problem.

I have since contacted PayPal via their ticketing system and this is what they returned:

------------------------------------------------------------------

From our testing on your site, the third party shopping cart that you are using is not passing over what the customer ordered with the payment information, typically called an 'aggregate' order. For example, the only thing we see about the order is:

Payment For: <information cart passes as item name here>

Typically with this kind of setup, you should be able to go to your cart and look up the order number to see specifically what the customer ordered. If you cannot see it, I would suggest contacting your cart provider directly to see if you can get more information and perhaps change the order to an 'itemized' format so that they pass the items the customer ordered over to PayPal

------------------------------------------------------------------

Now granted I can see what a person has ordered, but this doesn't resolve the issue for the actual shopper.

Any ideas would be appreciated, this battle has been going on for weeks now and the deadline has now crept forward to tomorrow.

Cheers

Dizzy

Its a standard thing with the OSC, you might have more luck installing the PayPal IPN there is a setting there that will make the item name show up.

You can find it i the Add ons section from the above red community tab

Regards

Nic

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

...Typically with this kind of setup, you should be able to go to your cart and look up the order number to see specifically what the customer ordered. If you cannot see it, I would suggest contacting your cart provider directly to see if you can get more information and perhaps change the order to an 'itemized' format so that they pass the items the customer ordered over to PayPal

I believe Paypal gave you a possible answer to your problem.

Log in to your osc admin panel and proceed to payment modules. Click the Paypal module you're using and Edit.

Under "Transaction Type" choose "per item" instead of "aggregate". <--Possible with Paypal IPN

You may want to check your Paypal settings also just in case you don't have the option to change transaction type to "per item".

I believe Paypal gave you a possible answer to your problem.

Log in to your osc admin panel and proceed to payment modules. Click the Paypal module you're using and Edit.

Under "Transaction Type" choose "per item" instead of "aggregate". <--Possible with Paypal IPN

You may want to check your Paypal settings also just in case you don't have the option to change transaction type to "per item".

Thanks for the replies guys,

It appears that PayPal IPN is the way to go for me, so that begs the next question (as I have no idea what I'm doing here :blush:, which contribution do I use?:

• PayPal IPN Gateway for osCommerce (10 March 2004)
  • PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN (24 Mar 2006)
  • PayPal IPN with fee (8 Apr 2006)
  • Better PayPal Description (7 Oct 2006) should I also include this?
  • PayPal Express Checkout IPN (18 Feb 2007)
  • Paypal Continue Reminder (16 July 2007) should this be added?
  • PayPal IPN for Easy Export (10 May 2008)
  • Paypal IPN Icon at checkout (2 Apr 08) should this be added?

All advise greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Dizzy

Archived