• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

AVG Link Scanner

jarzom

Does anyone have a solution to block AVG Link Scanner. The new release 8.0 scans every hit you get in eg. Google and thereby creates a session in your shop from every hit. This can result in hundred of session at the time. Is there a way to block those "ghost-sessions" ? Maybe in robots.txt ?

It seems the AVG uses the User-agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6,0; Windows NT 5,1; 1813)

Anyone ???

regards

jarzom

It can be turned off. Open AVG and from the Overview page click on Link Shield and then disable it.

I Know. But its not the problem. The problem is all the hits i get from visitors in my webshop that uses AVG Link Scanner. It generates hundreds of sessions in my shop.

I Know. But its not the problem. The problem is all the hits i get from visitors in my webshop that uses AVG Link Scanner. It generates hundreds of sessions in my shop.

Maybe Stevel can help if you post some of your server logs in this thread. http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...c=112609&hl= He might be able to add something to the spiders.txt to stop it.

Archived