• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Attributes and Display Price

gregory0013

Hello,

I have a small problem. I have some products in which the price changes according to user selection. For example, product A costs $10 if the user selects 'Large' from the attribute list box, and it may cost $5 if the user selects 'Small' from the attribute listbox. When I created the product, it only gave me one field to display the price. If I type in $10 here, it displays with the $10 along with the list box for selecting options, but if the user selects 'Small' it adds $5 to the original $10. If I leave the price field blank in the product setup, I get no price display at all. Any ideas or guidelines? Thanks

Hey Gregory,

These might be of interest for working with product attributes:

Knowledge base - Product Attributes

One of my post

Of particular interest:

size = medium = 10.00 (this is the regular price of the product so no need to put a price in the "price box".

size = small = 8.00 (put 2.00 - (this is $2 with a "minus" sign from the base price of the product price of $10.00)

size = large = 12.00 (put 2.00 + (this is $2 with a "plus" sign from the base price of the product price of $10.00)

You just need to use the plus and minus symbols in the correct spot. ;)

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

Thanks jhande :D Much appreciated.

Hey Gregory,

These might be of interest for working with product attributes:

Knowledge base - Product Attributes

One of my post

Of particular interest:

size = medium = 10.00 (this is the regular price of the product so no need to put a price in the "price box".

size = small = 8.00 (put 2.00 - (this is $2 with a "minus" sign from the base price of the product price of $10.00)

size = large = 12.00 (put 2.00 + (this is $2 with a "plus" sign from the base price of the product price of $10.00)

You just need to use the plus and minus symbols in the correct spot. ;)

Archived