• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Online store only demo

rpsquared

Hi everyone

So I got me the inmotion hosting server to build a webstore. In the Cpanel was a program named fantastico with which I uploaded the oscommerce program onto my website which worked fine. I could enter it as admin with no problems and could add products and stuff. It also shows when I enter the actual homepage, but it says this on the bottom of the screen:

'This is a default setup of osCommerce Online Merchant. Products shown are for demonstrational purposes. Any products purchased will not be delivered nor will the customer be billed. Any information seen on these products is to be treated as fictional.'

So I only gopt the demo version. How do I change it into a real store? I'm new to all of this and it is real confusing for me.

Thanks foir your help!

Sandra

Hi everyone

So I got me the inmotion hosting server to build a webstore. In the Cpanel was a program named fantastico with which I uploaded the oscommerce program onto my website which worked fine. I could enter it as admin with no problems and could add products and stuff. It also shows when I enter the actual homepage, but it says this on the bottom of the screen:

'This is a default setup of osCommerce Online Merchant. Products shown are for demonstrational purposes. Any products purchased will not be delivered nor will the customer be billed. Any information seen on these products is to be treated as fictional.'

So I only gopt the demo version. How do I change it into a real store? I'm new to all of this and it is real confusing for me.

Thanks foir your help!

Sandra

Read the complete text shown and then you will see the instructions....

OSC is distributed with 'demo or default' products to show you examples of how it works. To use OSC, simply delete those samples and install your own products.

Good Luck

Chris

Archived