• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Did some optimization, but still low traffic--help!

mmart621

I have been running a health supplements site for awhile now. (www.nutritionalmart.com) I have trouble with getting more traffic--I get on average of only 10 visitors a day. There have been several sales though, but really minimal due to the traffic. Is there any way to increase traffic to the point of having traffic in the hundreds daily?

I have some SEO optimizations installed already:

Title tags

meta tags

cname+pname in URL

submitted to a few directories

have several inbound links

content on each product page

sitemaps on google

just set up a new blog

Recently I have turned on Yahoo sponsored search at a budget of $15/day. So the traffic is slowly coming in from that as well.

The traffic from organic search engine searches are slowly on the rise as well.

I am about to get a OSC expert to fix my SSL problem (I currently don't have one implemented because a security warning pops up on every page when the SSL is installed and turned on). I want to know what else can I do to get several hundred visitors a day to my site, as I am about to hire an SEO expert to generate more traffic and want to know if I have exhausted all my options on my own. Thanks, any help is highly appreciated.

Check out unique health supplements

Do this:

Think of three competitive Key phrases.Each to have three letters say "oscommerce seo expert","oscommerce Payment paypal" and "oscommerce template integration" so You have three key phrases.

now when You submit are create content take care that these are focussed around these key phrases.

The only way to get organic traffic is to be on the first page for a keyphrase that is not highly competitive nor a vague key phrase.

Its better to be on page one for three phrases then to be on page 5 for 20 phrases.

The efforts will pay and result in more traffic then these click related advertisement can.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Your right click is locked so I can not see your code to see if I can help... If you want to post that then maybe we can give some more help. This is what I have seen so far and this could be your problem:

http://www.nutritionalmart.com/

Name Content

description

keywords

Content-Type text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

Developer

http://widgetserver.com/syndication/get_wi...onalmart.com%2F

0 meta tags

Thanks for the input satish, it sounds like a lot of work and time to get the phrases in high ranks.

As for the page source, the right click is disabled and I don't know how to enable it again, but if you go to your browser menu and click on view-->page source, then you can see it.

I just noticed i have no keyword or description meta tags on my homepage, but I do have the dynamic tags for the product_info pages.

Check out unique health supplements

Archived