• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

lost oscommerce password

Hi.

We changed servers for our client and 1 partner downloaded all the oscommerce files and simply uploaded to the new server. Another partner imported the backed up database.

We cannot get into admin. It was suggested on this forum that I could go into the admin field and put in a (provided in the post) to change the password. However I do not see an admin field in the database.

I also went into cpanel/fantastico/oscommerce and it says there is no installation. Perhaps thats a clue? Whatup? Should I install in a new directory and if so how do get the new install to call the existing database?

By the way I am presuming the admin to the cart is in the database, not just handled in a file in the cart code.

I have tried encrypting new passwords and putting them into the .htaccess file but to no avail.

HELP! Client is getting on my case big time.

Which version is Your oscommerce.

If RC2 then password is in data base.You will have to remove the row so that the code allows to generate a new one.

If not RC2 then its thru htacces in that case You need to use cpanel password protect icon and reach the folder and change.Also You can remove rename htaccess and chek if admin is opened.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

If RC2 then password is in data base.You will have to remove the row so that the code allows to generate a new one.

If not RC2 then its thru htacces in that case You need to use cpanel password protect icon and reach the folder and change.Also You can remove rename htaccess and chek if admin is opened.

Satish

Unfortunately I can't tell which version. It was originally installed through cpanel but as mentioned, or did I mention, that fantastico>oscommerce does not show any oscommerce as being installed as partner simply uploaded files form the other server. Is there a file in the oscommerce file structure on my server which would say which version?

By the way. I see not admin or administrator field or table in the database, but then again I see no passwd or .htpasswds file in my directory structure online.

path in .htaccess is AuthUserFile "/home/theusernamehere/.htpasswds/catalog/admin/passwd" So the .htpasswds file should be in the root directory yes? And should there then be a 'passwd' file in the catalog admin directory?

Appreciate it.

Satish

Hi.

Ok. It appears my version is PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce 2.2-MS2'

So the definitive question is the password for admin in the database or an .htaccess in this version?

Thanks for all the help so far by the way.

Its in the .htaccess

You can change it from your web host control panel

Nic

So then FIMBLE.

In cpanel:

Site Management

Web Protect .. yes?

then

public_html Clicked on public_html

then

catalog cart is installed here. clicked.

then admin directory is in there, with a lock beside it.

clicked admin and I get to the screen to Active Users, changed password.

Then attempting to login I get this:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'finestat_osc1'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/finestat/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

AARGH!

Archived