• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can not seem to change permissions

cart_mom

I've got the cart installed. Initially there were two warning messages at the top of the page, now there is just one. It says:

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/womanofv/public_html/catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

I can not seem to change the permissions for that folder. I change them and FileZilla says:

Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (208,73,33,162,34,76)

Command: LIST

Response: 150 Accepted data connection

Response: 226-ASCII

Response: 226-Options: -a -l

Response: 226 23 matches total

And the warning is still on the cart. I've tried multiple times and I can not seem to get it to "stick". When I click on the folder again the permissions are still set to 644.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Amber

100% self taught and still learning - - since I have a sincere desire to learn, sincere and complete answers are greatly appreciated

Stop using FTP

Login into the Control Panel provided by your Webhost (NOT OSC!) and change permissions there.

Try permissions in this order until the message goes away:

Note that anything less than 644 makes the file "read only" and you will have to change back to 644 to make edits.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived