• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I make my store invisible while I work on it

reformedman

I want to shut down the ability for internet viewers to see my store, could someone tell me how to shut down the ability for people to view my products and anything else in my store, until I am ready?

Thanks in advance.

ps. I did a search first, I could not find anything.

man of a reformed faith.

I want to shut down the ability for internet viewers to see my store, could someone tell me how to shut down the ability for people to view my products and anything else in my store, until I am ready?

Thanks in advance.

ps. I did a search first, I could not find anything.

Yes, you could password protect it. That would be the best thing you can do.

If it's not THAAAT important whether someone stumbles on to the page or not, you can add an index.html to the CATALOG page.

So if your store is located on mysite.com/catalog/, you can add the index.html file there and people will see that file when they go to your store, not index.php.

Great for quick fixes, like if you're testing a new design layout.

- Rich

Yes, you could password protect it. That would be the best thing you can do.

If it's not THAAAT important whether someone stumbles on to the page or not, you can add an index.html to the CATALOG page.

So if your store is located on mysite.com/catalog/, you can add the index.html file there and people will see that file when they go to your store, not index.php.

Great for quick fixes, like if you're testing a new design layout.

- Rich

I think you have the easiest and quickest fix even though it won't stop them from getting into the other pages through search engines. The problem is everyone has been finding my site through search engines only and I can't keep them away.

I know that everyone is wonder what my store could possibly be but don't worry I'll release that info shortly.

For now though, I will password protect the directory, that'll close all pages.

Thanks for your help guys.

man of a reformed faith.

haha most people here are struggling to get customers to their store....your struggling to keep yours away how funny :lol:

But ye like everyone said...we're doing the same thing and ours is currently password protected :)

Archived