• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Limit customer to buy one item

jadatoys

Your question is sort of odd, as everyone wants to sell as much as possible. But, without more information it is hard to determine exactly what you are trying to do.

The only scenario I can think of is, a special item ???

In which case you can use a contribution such as Discount Coupon Codes, which limits how many times each customer can use the code to purchase the product. Just an idea.............

Chris

You could make a conditional statement in the code to show a message if your customers try to add more than one.

But then you would have the problem of them buying one, lodgging back in and buying another!

Am curious now, what is it you are selling?

Regards

Nic

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

You could make a conditional statement in the code to show a message if your customers try to add more than one.

But then you would have the problem of them buying one, lodgging back in and buying another!

Am curious now, what is it you are selling?

Regards

Nic

Hi guys, thanks for replying me.

I am going to sell some limited edition stuffs and it only allows one product per customer. So, there is no such function in admin section? And, if I want to add additional code in the script, which file should i need to change?

Again, thanks a lot.

I would imagine, your shopping_cart.php, or your checkout_process.php though if you use this one you probably need ot make sure the customer know ther are trying it on when they get the message!

Might loose you a sale otherwise.

Dont want that to happen!

Nic

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

• 3 weeks later...
I would imagine, your shopping_cart.php, or your checkout_process.php though if you use this one you probably need ot make sure the customer know ther are trying it on when they get the message!

Might loose you a sale otherwise.

Dont want that to happen!

Nic

Anyone can help me on this again? Is the OS Commerce admin section can set it?

Thanks.

what if the person wants to buy one limited edition item and one regular item??

Are they limited in that you one have a certain quantity available?? Or you really ONLY want one person to ONLY get one.. and thats it but they could purchase as many non-limited edition items as they want

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

try this.. it SEEMS to be exactly what you want

qty limiter

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Archived