• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

first four digits wrong in credit card ccv module

pizzasupreme

Geepers, I've done quite a bit of searching and am unable to find a solution. My old ms2 2.2 store was in need of a good cc upgrade (when I realized it had no field for the cvv), so I looked around and found the 'credit card with cvv2' module. After installing and a bit of testing, I have the darnedest error: "The first four digits of the credit card entered are either incorrect or we do not accept this kind of card." Hogwash! (because I can't use another term) I know my card is good! Besides, how would the store know what cards I accept?

Now, let me tell you, I've looked everywhere for this credit card with cvv module and there's barely a thread on it. I have found the issue with the incorrect 4 numbers, but they were all in reference to the authorize.net module. Well I don't have that.

If anyone can help me with this, I'm sure you'll find that I'm no spring chicken but I accept guidance very well.

Much Obliged,

Harold Shitzelle

Go back to using your old module without cvv...

Read through your merchant account TOS and you will see that you are not allowed to store cvv/cvv2 even for a second...

Edited by toyicebear

I am very happy to see that we are not the only ones with this issue. We had no trouble at all with the installation and now we are adding items. If anyone can please answer about this, yes you would be helping us too.

Read through your merchant account TOS and you will see that you are not allowed to store cvv/cvv2 even for a second...

I don't know how well you've looked into this, but this particular module breaks the number in two and sends part to a different area via email. Therefore, you are not storing the number anywhere, from a legal standpoint. I also intend to use this zapper contribution and there is a module that hides the card with the encryption. I only need the number for a minute to run it through my store terminal. Why do you think they include this module on these carts? It is so you can do this.

I will check into this further, but I was reading about a new mandatory certification which is specifically for the merchants that keep the card numbers (even though I do not plan to).

I don't know how well you've looked into this, but this particular module breaks the number in two and sends part to a different area via email. Therefore, you are not storing the number anywhere, from a legal standpoint. I also intend to use this zapper contribution and there is a module that hides the card with the encryption. I only need the number for a minute to run it through my store terminal. Why do you think they include this module on these carts? It is so you can do this.

I will check into this further, but I was reading about a new mandatory certification which is specifically for the merchants that keep the card numbers (even though I do not plan to).

Have a look through what i did write again..it was not in relation to the cc number...but the CVV/CVV2 number.

If you follow PCI regulations yes you can store the credit card number, you can read more about PCI requirements here....

But you can NEVER store the CVV/CVV2 code (not even for 1 second) no mather what.

Edited by toyicebear

Have a look through what i did write again..it was not in relation to the cc number...but the CVV/CVV2 number.

Nick, Senility is catching in, lol. I apologize. I actually did catch that last night before bed but couldn't remember my password to logon. Yes, your absolutely right about that. As a matter of fact, I'm taking your advice and going a different route altogether. In my day I'd fight the bastards on it, but at my age who needs trouble.

Thank You.