• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fresh install - UK localization

GwilliamP

Hi,

I have just completed a fresh install and started digging in the Admin section. My initial impression is that TONS of work needs to be done to get the shop working from a UK perspective. Currency, TAX, shipping etc. ALL look like they need to be changed.

SURELY this must get done on a regular basis by every new UK based user. As a beginner it all looks a bit daunting as there seem to be pages and pages of changes to make.

I have searched the contributions but can not find a 'convert your new install to UK'.

Can anyone suggest a quick fix or a link to a contribution?

Cheers,

Paul.

Hi,

I have just completed a fresh install and started digging in the Admin section. My initial impression is that TONS of work needs to be done to get the shop working from a UK perspective. Currency, TAX, shipping etc. ALL look like they need to be changed.

SURELY this must get done on a regular basis by every new UK based user. As a beginner it all looks a bit daunting as there seem to be pages and pages of changes to make.

I have searched the contributions but can not find a 'convert your new install to UK'.

Can anyone suggest a quick fix or a link to a contribution?

Cheers,

Paul.

UK Based osCommerce 2.2, but only use it as a guide (ie do not overwrite your files) and look in its support thread for pitfalls.

Archived