• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Different Types of one Product. How?

Escarraman

hi all,

i guess this has been asked several times before, but anyway, i'll ask again.

i just installed oscommerce and i must say i'm really amazed. but maybe someone of you can help me out with a little problem.

if i had products that differ for example in color and that also makes a difference in the price...

or much easier, a pizza margarita (this comes to my mind as i'm hungry). pizzas mostly come in three sizes.

i don't really want to enter a new product for each size. it would be easier to select in the product itself the size and the price would adapt automatically.

has someone encounterd this problem? has someone solved it?

best regards from germany,

pablito

Try using product attributes.

Set up the attributes, then add them to the products.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

thanks! you really helped!

so now the next question;

the attributes really help. BUT, taking again the pizza example, i have a pizza and you can get it in 3 sizes. AND i can add extras like ham, cheese, onions, garlic, etc.

that means, for each item or product i will need to add all those attributes.

isn't there a way to save some kind of "template" where all those attributes are allready included. it would save a lot of time...

cheers,

pablito

you can make the sizes an attribute to that has an additional fee attached to it..

For example you have a hanes cotton tee-shirt in red, blue, and black and it comes in size small, medium, and large.. So you set up the shirt for $0.00 (or you can set it up for the price of the small and make that the BASE price) then you add a drop down menu for prices and set the price. If it is $0.00 initiall and you want your small to be $15, medium to be $20 and large to be $25 - then you just attach those prices to the size attribute.. OR if you have the SMALL shirt set at $15 you DONT have to put small as an attribute, and then just add medium +$5 and medium +$10.. and then you just add the colors normally.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

you can make the sizes an attribute to that has an additional fee attached to it..

For example you have a hanes cotton tee-shirt in red, blue, and black and it comes in size small, medium, and large.. So you set up the shirt for $0.00 (or you can set it up for the price of the small and make that the BASE price) then you add a drop down menu for prices and set the price. If it is $0.00 initiall and you want your small to be $15, medium to be $20 and large to be $25 - then you just attach those prices to the size attribute.. OR if you have the SMALL shirt set at $15 you DONT have to put small as an attribute, and then just add medium +$5 and medium +$10.. and then you just add the colors normally.

ok, i understood that. and that is what i have done. but, if i have, let's say dozens of products with always the same attributes (back to the pizza, i always seem to be hungry): small -2eur, normal +0eur, big +2eur and extras (you know, extra cheese, extra ham, extra garlic and so on) each + 0,50eur, then for each item i will need to add all these attributes one by one. that means, i will have a really long list of attributes and it's kind of a pain to handle them (especially when you start your first katalog and give in all your products. that's why i kind of thought of a "template" product that has all those attributes allready. i tried with copying a product, but that didn't help.

i hope you understand more or less what i mean...

cheers,

pablito

Archived