• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What Directories to Back Up?

kelagedart

I am using OSC in development phase on a local hard drive with XAMPP.

I have been backing uup /HTDOCS and everything below it.

The hard drive OSC was on blew after a recent power surge, and now that I have finally got that system back up and running I have found that simply dumping the /HTDOCS backup on to an older XAMPP backup didnt work.

Are there any other directories besides /HTDOCS that should be backed up with OSC on a regular basis?

Of particular interest is where the database changes are kept.

I am using OSC in development phase on a local hard drive with XAMPP.

I have been backing uup /HTDOCS and everything below it.

The hard drive OSC was on blew after a recent power surge, and now that I have finally got that system back up and running I have found that simply dumping the /HTDOCS backup on to an older XAMPP backup didnt work.

Are there any other directories besides /HTDOCS that should be backed up with OSC on a regular basis?

Of particular interest is where the database changes are kept.

It's good that you backed up htdocs folder. So, what happened to the database? Did you create a backup?

The database is not inside the htdocs folder. I believe it's inside mysql folder somewhere in xampp folder.

It's good that you backed up htdocs folder. So, what happened to the database? Did you create a backup?

The database is not inside the htdocs folder. I believe it's inside mysql folder somewhere in xampp folder.

------------------------------------------------------

I had HTDOCS backed up daily via script.

However the entire XAMPP tree was last backed up a week previously to HTDOCS.

However within that week I believe I may have added a couple of add-ons requiring Mysql additions via script.

I have it running, but its behaving strangely, and within the next few days will be going over everything. Fortunately I did take notes on the *most* of the addons and mods.

SO I guess the key question is which directories to regularly back up.

From XAMPP.

As well as from the server side when it goes live.

I'd like to have it done via batch file from a Win2000 cron job, both locally and hopefully when the time comes, remotely.

I now see /MYSQL/PHPMYADMIN would obviously need to be backed up locally.

But how would this be done remotely (from a script, not using the control center functions)....

Archived