• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Attrbutes Pages Not Loading Correctly

Neill_W

As I'm building up my Attributes values in the Products Attributes page in Admin, I'm finding that I can't click through to the second pages of the Attributes list or the Option Values lists.

The link in the browser address bar updates with "attribute_page=2" at the end of the URL, but the page just displays page one. Currently using Opera 9.5 but I've tried loading in Firefox too, with no luck and emptied cache too.

No errors are displayed, it just reloads page 1. Any ideas would be much apreciated.

Best regards,

Neill W

Hiya

Have you added any contributions at all?

Is this a new thing. or always been so?

Nic

Hi Fimble,

The only changes from default are styling - I used the Basic Design Pack. Don't know about it happening before, as this is a new store and this is the first time the Attributes have spilled over into more than one page.

NW

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
did this work? where might I locate Register Globals?

I've been busy on other projects and just tried this. No, it didn't work. I put the .htaccess file with the instruction "php_flag register_globals off ", but it had no effect.

I really need to get this sorted now, as the project will be going live next month and it needs resolving.

Neill W

I've been busy on other projects and just tried this. No, it didn't work. I put the .htaccess file with the instruction "php_flag register_globals off ", but it had no effect.

I really need to get this sorted now, as the project will be going live next month and it needs resolving.

Neill W

Mine is supposed to go live this week, post something if you figure it out...

Mine is supposed to go live this week, post something if you figure it out...

Good to hear I'm not the only one experiencing this.

As it appears to be a known bug, is there anyone with experience of the development that might be able to help?

Neill W

Not so sure thats the answer.

Here we go though

the following two lines copy to a blank notepad document, and save as and include the quotes "php.ini"

upload to your root or if its in a folder catalog directory. you might neeed to add it to your admin folder too

register_globals = On

safe_mode = Off

Regards

Nic

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

Not so sure thats the answer.

Here we go though

the following two lines copy to a blank notepad document, and save as and include the quotes "php.ini"

upload to your root or if its in a folder catalog directory. you might neeed to add it to your admin folder too

register_globals = On

safe_mode = Off

Regards

Nic

Hi Nic,

So do you mean save the uploaded text file as 'php.ini' not '.htaccess'?

Neill

Hi Nic,

So do you mean save the uploaded text file as 'php.ini' not '.htaccess'?

Neill

Yes, upload as php.ini

There is also a contribution for register globals, not sure if it has more than that in it, but if this does not work its worth checking it as it probably does have more info, and may be better for you

Nic

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

Yes, upload as php.ini

There is also a contribution for register globals, not sure if it has more than that in it, but if this does not work its worth checking it as it probably does have more info, and may be better for you

Nic

Uploaded the file in both the root and then tried the admin folder, didn't work. There seem to be several contributions regarding 'register globals'. Please could someone explain why the register globals setting is having this effect and which contribution would solve it?

Neill W

I had this problem for about 6- 8 months already but with no success finding solution. I installed the contribution below

product_attributes_option_type_2.02 by faaliyet ( Complete Package ) ( With Another "Product Attribute" Powerfull Packages )

--In this package one missing sql query( insert_text_option_value.sql ) added and two bugs fixed.

--Updates_and_fixes_by_faaliyet.txt and option_type_feature-v2.0.2_manual_installation.txt files has been attached.

###############################################

##This is the last fullpackage with all fixes##

ONCE again after installing this contribution. The attribute only stay in page one even though I have 53 pages indicated in the tab.

Just like Nic, I would appreciate any information about this matter.

I am just now discovering this problem at 2AM. I posted a page asking for help, and then came across this one and see that no solution has been provided, although this was posted weeks ago. That is depressing. This means that all of the items on the unaccessed pages cannot be edited for size/color/etc. This is horrible. The long process would be to completely delete the product from the category page and recreate it with new attributes (if it's lucky enough to land on page one according to alphabetization). What a bugger!! I even emailed the guy I purchased the template from (easytemplates), and did not receive a response, as usual. Each day I find a new bug with this template. Have been trying to open my store for months now :(

I am just now discovering this problem at 2AM. I posted a page asking for help, and then came across this one and see that no solution has been provided, although this was posted weeks ago. That is depressing. This means that all of the items on the unaccessed pages cannot be edited for size/color/etc. This is horrible. The long process would be to completely delete the product from the category page and recreate it with new attributes (if it's lucky enough to land on page one according to alphabetization). What a bugger!! I even emailed the guy I purchased the template from (easytemplates), and did not receive a response, as usual. Each day I find a new bug with this template. Have been trying to open my store for months now :(

It's not the template you bought, it's the base OSCommerce package. We need some help from one of the developer team, as I'm sure it can be sorted if only someone would offer the way.

I'm the same, I have a store waiting to go, but cannot edit the settings.....

Neill W

It's not the template you bought, it's the base OSCommerce package. We need some help from one of the developer team, as I'm sure it can be sorted if only someone would offer the way.

I'm the same, I have a store waiting to go, but cannot edit the settings.....

Neill W

in your admin\products_attributes.php

after this code

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');

add

$option_page = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['option_page']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['option_page'] : '1');

$value_page = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['value_page']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['value_page'] : '1');

$attribute_page = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['attribute_page']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['attribute_page'] : '1');

after this code

add

$option_page = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['option_page']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['option_page'] : '1');

$value_page = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['value_page']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['value_page'] : '1');

$attribute_page = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['attribute_page']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['attribute_page'] : '1');

Excellent!

Thanks, Leslie, that solved it.

To save others searching for the line, it's at the top of the page, around line 16, if you're impatient like me and skipped past it :thumbsup:

Many thanks for solving it.

Neill W

Since I sleep with my blackberry, I got your reply Neil W. I am extremely happy about this fix. I plan to sleep for four or five hours and get on this as soon as I wake up! Good night (or shall I say day) all.

after this code

add

Thank you so much I've been struggling to fix this problem for weeks now, and this did the trick.

Since I sleep with my blackberry, I got your reply Neil W. I am extremely happy about this fix. I plan to sleep for four or five hours and get on this as soon as I wake up! Good night (or shall I say day) all.

Don't thank me, Blue, it's Leslie that solved it.

Regarding the Blackberry, sounds like you need to get out a little more :-)

Hope it works out OK

Neill

Yeah. This blackberry is a bit addictive. I'm having a nice iced coffee at Starbucks now, but still on this darn Blackberry responding to this post. I will add the code to my tempalte tonight when I get home. I should be cutting the light switch on my site by next week. Yaaay!

Archived