• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

craft shop

Hi all.

I just finished my store after 3 weeks modification work. I currently disabled conditions, downloads, privacy, product_reviews, product_reviews_info, product_reviews_write, reviews, tell_a_friend. and all payment, shipping modules.

I really appreciate for your feeds, they are treasure for me for sure.

My Craft Shop URL

Regards

I guess you will have more luck in getting some feedback in a forum with people who read Japanese... :lol:

I don't speak japanese, but have some suggestions:

1. Layout is very spread out on my large monitor - seems very "spacey"

2. Your images are "squashed". you have a large image and have it squeezed into a small holder. You would be better having one thumbnail and a seperate large product view. There's contributions for this.

3. Logo has a whie boarder - look wrong over the tiles.

4. Your buttons are very plain. Maybe use more of the tiles as your buttons.

If I could read, I'm sure that there would be more suggestions. These should get you started.

Danny

I don't speak japanese, but have some suggestions:

1. Layout is very spread out on my large monitor - seems very "spacey"

2. Your images are "squashed". you have a large image and have it squeezed into a small holder. You would be better having one thumbnail and a seperate large product view. There's contributions for this.

3. Logo has a whie boarder - look wrong over the tiles.

4. Your buttons are very plain. Maybe use more of the tiles as your buttons.

If I could read, I'm sure that there would be more suggestions. These should get you started.

Danny

Danny, i really appreciate for your help and feed. Now;

1 - My layout was designed for 1024 x 768 screen resolution. Because i have another home page and storing visitors information. Due to that over then 80% of Japanese use 1024 x 768 (By the way i am not a Japanese)

2 - Now my Tumbnail images are much wider (210 x 115 px)

3 - Cut out white space of my logo, now it is tranparent.

4 - So far, i could not find any nicer buttons then which i am using. I may do something as your suggestions.

Note : I know site is japanese and most of you guys can not even display correctly whitout japanese char support file, i was requested feeds for design only. Thanks your feeds indeed. And i am still waiting more feeds.

Here Again my site http://mosaicmosaic.istanbulboueki.co.jp/

Regards

teh text that is IN the banner would look nice with some kind of border around it and maybe an offwhite background.. the black text of that tile background looks a little odd.. but then again, its Japanese so it looks odd to me anyways..

Also, the links on the right were (i am assuming) the search box is (inside the banner on the far left) that BRIGHT GREEN does not match the rest of your site.. i would use only earth tones for ANYTHING..

as for the buttons, if you have illustrator, it would be easy to make new buttons quickly. If yo just import your existing ones into illustrator, make a new layer and build your button on the new layer, over the old one.. Then you get the size and shape the same and you just delete the old layer and save as a .gif - this way you will have a tranparent background and the buttons will look cleaner and neater.

can you align those top nav buttons with the bottom of the banner so they dont look like they are hovering?

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Your images are not at 115 x 210, they are 206px × 480px (scaled to 115px × 210px). They're still squashed.

You can save one image that is ACTUALLY 115 x 210 and a different larger image at, say, 600 x600.

Then the contribution will show the thumbnail with the small image and the enlarge image shows the second file.

Again, see my site (datamouse.biz/catalog).

Youc an see that the enlarge image is not the same picture (therefore not the same file).

:-)

From my last comment, you can see a working example of what i mean on one of my products:

http://www.datamouse.biz/catalog/product_i...products_id=174

as for the buttons, if you have illustrator, it would be easy to make new buttons quickly. If yo just import your existing ones into illustrator, make a new layer and build your button on the new layer, over the old one.. Then you get the size and shape the same and you just delete the old layer and save as a .gif - this way you will have a tranparent background and the buttons will look cleaner and neater.

can you align those top nav buttons with the bottom of the banner so they dont look like they are hovering?

Hi lindsayanng, Thanks so much for feed.

So i changed background of text in header and pull down nav bar. And also changed color of search bar. But unfortunately i can not do anything for button because 3 things which i can not do on computer. one is writing a DLL file, another is Flash and last one is illustrator. So i am currently checking some attrb. to find some good images. And i think that's all i can do about button.

Tons of Thanks for feedback.

From my last comment, you can see a working example of what i mean on one of my products:

http://www.datamouse.biz/catalog/product_i...products_id=174

Wow, it is one of the best shopping site i've ever seen. Just perfect. Anyway now i got what you mean. Is there any attrb. to do that ? or just do i have to write code ?

By the way i already add your site into my bookmark. :thumbsup:

Hi lindsayanng, Thanks so much for feed.

So i changed background of text in header and pull down nav bar. And also changed color of search bar. But unfortunately i can not do anything for button because 3 things which i can not do on computer. one is writing a DLL file, another is Flash and last one is illustrator. So i am currently checking some attrb. to find some good images. And i think that's all i can do about button.

Tons of Thanks for feedback.

if you have illustrator, i can give you some really QUICK and easy tips on how to make a simple but nice button.. THEY ARE VERY EASY

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Wow, it is one of the best shopping site i've ever seen. Just perfect. Anyway now i got what you mean. Is there any attrb. to do that ? or just do i have to write code ?

By the way i already add your site into my bookmark. :thumbsup:

Thanks!

It's a recoded version of osC, plus some contributions (header tags, lightbox for images).

Most of it is just reworking teh php pages for header, footer, index, product_info etc.

I replaced the categories box with a Flash applet - just thought it would work better. Also meant that I would know exactly how big the box would be - if you add more catergories,the standard one gets larger.

There are also buttons in my signiture (same as my store).

the contribution isnt a bad idea if you really are scared to make them yourself, but it is NOT hard and you can totally customize them to the feel of your site.

This is what i do to make sure the buttons are the same size..

I download ALL of the buttons from my site onto my computer. Then i open them in Illustrator. I then create a NEW LAYER and highlight that layer (this way everything you create is on top of the old one) then i make the outline of my button so that it is the same (or similar) size as the existing one. Once that is done, i delete the layer with the original button artwork and now i have a perfectly sized "template" and i can do what i please with it.. You then just add text, colors, gradients, ect. My site, i used little drawings that i did by hand.. THEN i just re-save them.. first i just save so that i have an .ai file, then i click SAVE FOR WEB, choose a .gif file with a transparent background, and save. It will ask if i want to replace the existing, i click yes and i'm DONE!!

then all i do is re-upload the file and replace the one on the server with the new one and its all done.. VERY VERY EASY

lindsayanng

Thanks for your help, i think illustrator still too complicated for me. I will try to fins some col buttons. Thanks again anyway. :wub:

lindsayanng

I just changed the background of site, (not buttons sorry ...) i think it looks more feminine now. Because my main target is female customers.

i know you did a lot of work to the site, but in my opinion (and this is just me) the background is a bit much. I get that you are a guy creating a site that's geared towards women, but i am a woman and i just think its a little too much. It makes it look like one of those free tripod websites everyone has with the tacky background.. And thats just my opinion. its a pretty design, but i dont think you need it. I am a bigger fan of nice, clean looking sites.. you COULD use that somewhere else though..

its just a really busy design in my opinion.

I still dont like the green that is around the header buttons. If you made that a darker brown, the buttons would look like real pieces of carved stone and blend nicely with the header background - but not too much that it disappears. I think anywhere yu have green, you should change it to something else. It just doesnt match the rest of the site. I would stick with the beige, tan, brown, pinks, or even mauve/or muted purples. The green just does not belong in my eyes.

i love the images that you have in the right column, i think you need to stick with whatever colors you see in there and use that through out your site.

Archived