• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Heading title

LorenOhh

I was wondering if someone can help me out with a problem I seem to be having. Under the information box in my shopping cart I have links to a few faqs about our store (i.e. shipping info, sizing charts, etc.) When you click on those links it take you to the part of the shopping cart with that specific information. The problem is the heading. Instead of the the heading being the title (i.e. Returns and Exchanges or Shipping Information) the heading will simply say "HEADING_TITLE" I cannot find away to change this. You can look at our site if you want to see what i am talking about. Sorry, I know I don't have the technical terms down.

http://www.botanaandgomez.net/shop/information.php/info_id/2

This link will show you what I am talking about. Instead of saying Return and Refund Policy on the top, it says "HEADING_TITLE". The same thing with others in the right hand side information box

Capital letters like that usually mean a definition is missing. Look in the language file for the page you are trying to load and make sure the definition exists.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

go to catalog/includes/languages/english.php open the english.php file in a code editor and then look to see if it says define(HEADING_TITLE)

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Okay I checked that and it does not say define 'HEADING_TITLE'

What do i need to do so that it does define it? I'm not exactly sure what to do. I need to do it for each of the links in my information box.

Thanks for the help btw, I appreciate it :)

what do you mean each of the links. Can you post the site so we can see where the HEADING_TITLE is and what needs to have its own text? Basically, you will define(HEADING_TITLE , 'Write what you want it to say here');

Doing that will make every instance you see HEADING_TITLE on your site say the same thing.. if you need each thing to say something different, you have to change the define to something different like HEADING_TEXT and then do the same thing, define HEADING_TEXT in your english.php file

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

so you should change the HEADING_TITLE to SHIPPING_TITLE and then define SHIPPING_TITLE in english.php for whatever you want it to say and so on ect..

If you just define HEADING_TITLE then ALL of the places that say HEAADING_TITLE will say the same thing that you defined it as.

if you're lazy like me and don't mind changing a few php files once and losing the easy of all-your-variables-in-one-place try:

Find whereever its calling the page title

<?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?>

to

<?php echo 'Whatever text you want to show'; ?>

Make sure you use the single quotes since its no longer a variable.

or

You can keep it a variable if you want and define it yourself in includes/language/english.php (this is where most of your variables are)

Also if your variable is page-specific its probably not in includes/language/english.php but deeper inside the english folder

or define you own variables in english.php

define('VARIABLES_NAME', 'Text entered here');

and then whenever you call it in another page do

<?php echo VARIABLES_NAME; ?>

Archived