• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding a background to my category pages and individual products?

nathanresick

Does anyone how to do this? I've poked all round my files both in my FTP program and in my admin console and I can't find out how to add background images to these sections.

I can't even find where the code for these pages is located. Grr!

Thanks in advance. B)

I saw your name & thought, is'nt that the guy we're not supposed to talk to, but then thought sod it, so take this...

Background in section:

Start:

<div style="background-images:url(imagess/title.jpg); padding-bottom:10px; margin-bottom:10px; padding-top:0px; background-position: center right ; background-repeat: no-repeat;

layer-background-images:url(imagess/title.jpg); border-bottom: 2px solid #999999">

end:

</div>

I give my clients full html product pages withh added options of backrounds they are applied by having description in table & putting a backround to that table.

Any Help??

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

I saw your name & thought, is'nt that the guy we're not supposed to talk to, but then thought sod it, so take this...

Background in section:

Start:

<div style="background-images:url(imagess/title.jpg); padding-bottom:10px; margin-bottom:10px; padding-top:0px; background-position: center right ; background-repeat: no-repeat;

layer-background-images:url(imagess/title.jpg); border-bottom: 2px solid #999999">

end:

</div>

I give my clients full html product pages withh added options of backrounds they are applied by having description in table & putting a backround to that table.

Any Help??

Thanks for replying. I actually knew the code I needed to add, I just can't find where it goes?

Where would I insert that do you think?

Well I already said for products, for category just use the technique I used for the Product Thumbnail Listing contrib at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6027

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Well I already said for products, for category just use the technique I used for the Product Thumbnail Listing contrib at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6027

what is the project path of these category files?

If I go into the admin and for example I edit my "baby" category and add the code you supplied (to the editor which was previously blank) nothing appears to change.

I am assuming that I need to find the file itself and add your code there but i'll be damned if I know where that is!

Archived