• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Modifying shopping_cart.php

lorilong

I've created a one page store that will be inserted into a website to sell only one item -- a book. I want to limit the amount of books sold to a maximum of 10 per customer. I originally had the Forced Total Order Quantity contribution set up and it was working perfectly (with my own modifications) until the client wanted me to eliminate the "create an account" area. I am using no_account_1_2_3_4_5_6_7_8_9_10 and it works great but the Forced Total Order Quantity contribution does not seem compatible with it.

Here's what I want to do: set up some sort of check on my shopping_cart.php page that simply bounces you back to the shopping_cart.php page when you click "continue" if you enter in anything other than 1 thru 10. I already have some text on the page stating that we aren't excepting orders over 10, but need a safe guard for those that can't read.

I tried modifying the shopping_cart script on line #52: <?php

if ($cart->count_contents() > 0) {

?>

But am not having much luck. I know a little bit about php, but have much to learn. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Lori