• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Increase Reviews descriptions text amount

danthman

I wish to increase the amount of text a Review can have, some of my reviews are getting cut off. I looked in Configure>Maximum Values and in the database under reviews and reviews_description but cannot find anything that limits the length of the characters. Where do I change this?

Thanks,

Dan

I believe the reviews_description field is set as text which I think holds 65,000 characters. More than enough for a review unless they're writting a small novel.

Are you referring to the descriptions that show on reviews.php? That is the way they show there. If you click on the product it takes you to the actual review with the full text.

If that is the page you are talking about then you can chenge how many characters are shown by backing up your file and finding this line in catalog/reviews.php

<td valign="top" class="main"><?php echo tep_break_string(tep_output_string_protected($reviews['reviews_text']), 60, '-<br>') . ((strlen($reviews['reviews_text']) >= 100) ? '..' : '') . '<br><br><i>' . sprintf(TEXT_REVIEW_RATING, tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'stars_' . $reviews['reviews_rating'] . '.gif', sprintf(TEXT_OF_5_STARS, $reviews['reviews_rating'])), sprintf(TEXT_OF_5_STARS, $reviews['reviews_rating'])) . '</i>'; ?></td>

Not sure about this but I think the number 60 is the one that needs changing.

Archived