• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Listing different models by ascending/descending price

88guy

Once again I apologize as I asked precisely the same question about a year ago and cannot find the post. I am actually maintaining a blog, now, as I construct this thing so that I don't have to pester everyone with the same questions.

I am setting up an ecommerce site for a guy to sell mattresses online (that's his goal, anyway). I have categories which are the brands and sub-categories which are the different models. Within these sub-categories are twin, full, queen, and king sets. I need to have them displayed in ascending price/size because....well, it simply doesn't make sense otherwise. I know that there is a MySQL SORT BY ASC deal that can be used - but I cannot recall where the exact code or where it should be placed.

Any help is appreciated.....

Thanks,

Guy Merritt,

Flint, MI

Once again I apologize as I asked precisely the same question about a year ago and cannot find the post. I am actually maintaining a blog, now, as I construct this thing so that I don't have to pester everyone with the same questions.

I am setting up an ecommerce site for a guy to sell mattresses online (that's his goal, anyway). I have categories which are the brands and sub-categories which are the different models. Within these sub-categories are twin, full, queen, and king sets. I need to have them displayed in ascending price/size because....well, it simply doesn't make sense otherwise. I know that there is a MySQL SORT BY ASC deal that can be used - but I cannot recall where the exact code or where it should be placed.

Any help is appreciated.....

Thanks,

Guy Merritt,

Flint, MI

Sort by is ascending by default, to reverse use DESC & its just sort by column DESC

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Hmmmm - I dunno. Could you possibly take a look at this page. Things are not sorted by price, at all.

http://www.lowestcostmattress.com/netkwiko...php?cPath=21_23

Actually, I just moved that link - I'm in the process of assembling and arranging things - but the link below has the same sort of results.

http://www.lowestcostmattress.com/netkwiko...?cPath=21_24_25

Actually, I just moved that link - I'm in the process of assembling and arranging things - but the link below has the same sort of results.

http://www.lowestcostmattress.com/netkwiko...?cPath=21_24_25

I don't think I explained this very well, at all. The products are sorted but they are sorted using the alphabet - which makes no sense for what I'm doing. This software is so remarkably useful and cool - it's hard to believe that it's open source....but it's hard to believe that this set-up function isn't something for which there's a GUI config "deal". There are so many things - from mattresses to T-Shirts - where you'd want things sorted by price/size as opposed to alphabetically.

Anyway, I need them to be sorted by ascending price. I actually did this before, as I've said, here:

http://www.wholesalesleep.org/lowestcost/c...php?cPath=38_39

....so, I know that it can be done. We bought a different domain name and changed the look of the whole site. I know that there is a code edit that will do this...

Wait - a brain fart - I need to pick the column - but where do I do that?

Again - any help is greatly appreciated - I'm an idiot with PHP and MySQL...

I wish people would make things clear from the start!! It sounded from you first that you just could'nt remeber how to do things & just wanted a reminder.

I think people must get into mind melds sometimes, as what you appear to actually be asking I answered ealier in this thread.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

I wish people would make things clear from the start!! It sounded from you first that you just could'nt remeber how to do things & just wanted a reminder.

I think people must get into mind melds sometimes, as what you appear to actually be asking I answered ealier in this thread.

I sympathize - I, too, wish that I could dwell in a world where everyone was as enlightened, organized, and generally as intelligent as yourself. I'd like to know how you make products appear by ascending price (the file - or files - which need to be edited and the actual code). And by the way, I'm not sure what the colloquialism "meld" connotes but, maybe - as you've suggested - I'm "in one". I don't feel particularly "melded".

How does anyone get sooo bent about something as inconsequential as a question not stated as clearly as they feel is should have been?

I sympathize - I, too, wish that I could dwell in a world where everyone was as enlightened, organized, and generally as intelligent as yourself. I'd like to know how you make products appear by ascending price (the file - or files - which need to be edited and the actual code). And by the way, I'm not sure what the colloquialism "meld" connotes but, maybe - as you've suggested - I'm "in one". I don't feel particularly "melded".

How does anyone get sooo bent about something as inconsequential as a question not stated as clearly as they feel is should have been?

In the current version, go to the root level index page and search for:

$listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name";

Change it to:

$listing_sql .= " order by products_price";

I figured it out myself......

In the current version, go to the root level index page and search for:

$listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name";

Change it to:

$listing_sql .= " order by products_price";

I figured it out myself......

???? Funny, thats what I gave you last!!!!!

answered ealier in [url="http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=306310&hl="]this[/url] thread.

Sam

Contributions:

Archived