• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Unable to log in to our own site

Hiya,

Due to workloads etc, we hadn't got round to finishing off a site using the osCommerce platform for quite a while, and had left it "on ice".

We recently tried logging in to continue working on it to find that it wouldn't accept our login, therefore we asked for a password reminder, and using the information contained on the email, tried logging in again..............only to see that we still couldn't do so as it didn't recognise us :(

Can anyone help us to regain control of our shop site please!!!!!!!

Cheers

A & S

Hello Sarah,

Is this the Admin log in?

If so then it will not send you a reminder for that, you need to change it.

If you have oscommerce-2.2rc2a then you can use a contribution i have made, get it from my contributions tab uner my name.

If it is milestone2.2 then you need to edit your .htpasswd file in th eroot of your web server.

Regards

Nic

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

Hello Sarah,

Is this the Admin log in?

If so then it will not send you a reminder for that, you need to change it.

If you have oscommerce-2.2rc2a then you can use a contribution i have made, get it from my contributions tab uner my name.

If it is milestone2.2 then you need to edit your .htpasswd file in th eroot of your web server.

Regards

Nic

Hi Fimble,

Thanks for the reply, yes it is the admin password/login that is the problem, i looked for the file you mentioned, but couldn't see it, the closest option was: .htaccess is this it?

Also how do i change the version of the software, as i have an old copy by the looks of it, as it says it is 1.1!!!

Cheers

Andy & Sarah

Hi Fimble,

Thanks for the reply, yes it is the admin password/login that is the problem, i looked for the file you mentioned, but couldn't see it, the closest option was: .htaccess is this it?

Also how do i change the version of the software, as i have an old copy by the looks of it, as it says it is 1.1!!!

Cheers

Andy & Sarah

Perhaps you can change it through your web host control panel, protected directories.

the .htpsswd will be one level up from your .htaccess file.

The upgrade, you download the latest version and either follow the update instructions or make a new store.

Regards

Nic

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

Archived