• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Looking for comments on my new buttons.

lindsayanng

I just started diving into replacing all the .gif files that come stock with oscommerce. Anyways, i got a cute idea for the buttons like LOG IN, CONTINUE, ect.. but i want to make sure that it is OBVIOUS enough that it is an actual button.

I havent replaced ALL of them - mainly because i dont want to make them and all then change them.. but here is a link to the page with the buttons on it.

THANKS

here is the link to my site. If you go to the my account to log in, you will see two of the ones i made:

FURRY FAMILY SUPPLIES

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

i was thinking of making a different set of buttons. something similar but instead of animals, use something more commonly used..

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

thanks for the suggestion.. Maybe i will make the more important buttons like BUY NOW, WRITE A REVIEW, ect. larger and with color, and the basic buttons like LOG IN, CONTINUE, CHANGE ADDRESS will remain some what smaller.

what do you think??

I just started diving into replacing all the .gif files that come stock with oscommerce. Anyways, i got a cute idea for the buttons like LOG IN, CONTINUE, ect.. but i want to make sure that it is OBVIOUS enough that it is an actual button.

I havent replaced ALL of them - mainly because i dont want to make them and all then change them.. but here is a link to the page with the buttons on it.

THANKS

here is the link to my site. If you go to the my account to log in, you will see two of the ones i made:

FURRY FAMILY SUPPLIES

I like your new buttons. They go with the theme of your website!!

THANKS.. That was the plan> i didnt want something generic like a square block with the words in it.. but i do agree, i should make them bigger.. I basically made them in illustrator OVER the existing ones, deleted the layer with the existing image on it, and re-saved it and re-uploaded it. It was easy and i THOUGHT since they were the same size as the old ones, it would look ok. but i think i might need to make em bigger..

thanks for the suggestion.. Maybe i will make the more important buttons like BUY NOW, WRITE A REVIEW, ect. larger and with color, and the basic buttons like LOG IN, CONTINUE, CHANGE ADDRESS will remain some what smaller.

what do you think??

Yup.. make different sets of buttons.. make it easier for us to customize our store :)

"I am not a Newbie but I am not an Expert either..."
"Lets learn about osCommerce together!..."

well, i will be making some buttons to share. I feel like i HAVE to give back in SOME way, so keep an eye out.. it'll take me a little while, sinc ei have to finish my OWN first.. I was thinking of adding a .ai file with the .gof so people can either use them as they are, or add their own touch to them if they have illustrator.

ANYWAYS, if you could take another look, i made the log in and buy now bigger. I also added the address book and change address buttons.. NEXT is to write a review..

maybe i will do a whole collection of THEMED buttons

well, i will be making some buttons to share. I feel like i HAVE to give back in SOME way, so keep an eye out.. it'll take me a little while, sinc ei have to finish my OWN first.. I was thinking of adding a .ai file with the .gof so people can either use them as they are, or add their own touch to them if they have illustrator.

ANYWAYS, if you could take another look, i made the log in and buy now bigger. I also added the address book and change address buttons.. NEXT is to write a review..

maybe i will do a whole collection of THEMED buttons

Great Lindsay!

Hope we all can contribute some for the community.. :)

"I am not a Newbie but I am not an Expert either..."
"Lets learn about osCommerce together!..."

Archived