• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Random .zip file errors

I am using OsC to digitally distribute .zip files, but am encountering a problem with some customers' machines. I can download and use the .zip files as can some other people, but some people report the .zip is corrupted when they try to extract it. Does anyone have any experience with this or is it just me; I doubt it?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers,

B.

which software do you use to unzip files?

I recommend to use the 7z - open source project

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

I am using OsC to digitally distribute .zip files, but am encountering a problem with some customers' machines. I can download and use the .zip files as can some other people, but some people report the .zip is corrupted when they try to extract it. Does anyone have any experience with this or is it just me; I doubt it?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers,

B.

Sometimes when there has been a server problem the downloaded (zip) file may just contain an error message. You would need to just open the downloaded file with a normal text editor to read the message.

HTH

Tom

I am using WinRar, but other customers have used WinZip as well as the standard file explorer that comes with Win XP. I also chmoded all the files in the download directory to 777. I don't know if this corrects the problem, but I am having to try any and everything that I can think of.

• 3 years later...

Hi kycnotes,

Did you get a solution to your problem. We've got an identical one we've been trying to overcome for four days now and we're running out of options... Very frustrating. Nearly all our customers are reporting corrupted and/or unopenable zip files. Did you figure it out?

Help!

Archived