• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation Step 4

I get the following Errors at Step 4.

I'm using PHP 5 is that the problem?

Warning: fopen(C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/MyStore/catalog//includes/configure.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\MyStore\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_4.php on line 116

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\MyStore\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_4.php on line 117

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\MyStore\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_4.php on line 118

Warning: fopen(C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/MyStore/catalog//admin/includes/configure.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\MyStore\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_4.php on line 152

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\MyStore\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_4.php on line 153

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\MyStore\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_4.php on line 154

The installation and configuration was successful!

The two configure.php files need to have permissions of 755, or if that doesn't work then 777, during the install to allow the install to write data to those files. After the install is complete you reset the permisisons on those files to either 644, 444 or 400 depending on your server set up.

Vger

The two configure.php files need to have permissions of 755, or if that doesn't work then 777, during the install to allow the install to write data to those files. After the install is complete you reset the permisisons on those files to either 644, 444 or 400 depending on your server set up.

Vger

I'm running under windows Server 2003 using Apache 2.2. I don't understand the numbers like 777 & 644 etc.

Uwe

If you look about half way down this page it will explain it for you.

http://www.elated.com/articles/understanding-permissions/

Vger

Thanks for your help!

As I mentioned I'm running on a windows 2003 server and I have complete control. I gave both config.php files the same set of permissions and 1 seems to work and other not.

Now I get the following in step 4:

Finished!

Warning: fopen(C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/MyStore/catalog//includes/configure.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\MyStore\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_4.php on line 116

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\MyStore\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_4.php on line 117

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\MyStore\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_4.php on line 118

The installation and configuration was successful!

Archived