• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Corrupted GIFs

jschenoweth

Here's a few examples of how my default icon GIFs look from several pages of my store:

button_continue.gif

Here's the osCommerce Banner that displays at the very bottom of the /catalog page:

oscommerce.gif

If I put a new icon to replace a corrupted icon it works fine:

header_cart.gif

I put the install file to my server via ASCII and ran the install. I can put new GIF's & JPGs up there and they work fine.

How do I fix all these hundreds of corrupted icons?

Is this a new install ?

I found when I uploaded the default images to my server (in ASCII format as Oscommerce suggests) that they were incomplete files. So, once I had all of the oscommerce files uploaded I changed my file transfer type to automatic and uploaded the images again. The images are now fine.

This problem occurs with all the images file types in ASCII mode.

Chris

New install as of yesterday. I finally was bright enough to look at all the GIFs as they sit from the osCommerce Zip file and they are fine.

I will just go though and put up every image file I can find in binary mode and head on from there. Thanks for the help.

New install as of yesterday. I finally was bright enough to look at all the GIFs as they sit from the osCommerce Zip file and they are fine.

I will just go though and put up every image file I can find in binary mode and head on from there. Thanks for the help.

This is SO useful for me!! I had this problem last night too, and figured this was the problem after struggling with it for some time. It IS such a pain, since os commerce instructs to upload vis ASCII, and makes no mention of re-loading graphics via Binary. I think this should be added to the upload instructions to avoid the lengthy trial and error process. Some may never even figure it out!

This is SO useful for me!! I had this problem last night too, and figured this was the problem after struggling with it for some time. It IS such a pain, since os commerce instructs to upload vis ASCII, and makes no mention of re-loading graphics via Binary. I think this should be added to the upload instructions to avoid the lengthy trial and error process. Some may never even figure it out!

As you may be able to tell from my good looking icons, I was forced to find every image and upload via binary. What a pain...

Archived