• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin Log in problems

Hi there, this being my first post, let alone my first website, please take it easy on me! haha

Yesterday I could log into the admin area of my site, but now I can't When I try I get a page with this

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'mysql'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/hanwoo25/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

I can connect to the server fine through FileZilla FTP, just not browser side.

Any idea what i may have done? i can't even remember changing anything!

Thank you all

Simon

Ok now I am really stumped.

I just downloaded the file in the warning to have a look again around line 19, as it says, and now when I try to log in it gives me:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /shop/admin/login.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.41 Server at bbdmagic.net Port 80

I'm hopelessly stuck!

Please help!

I'll send you a virtual gingerbread man if you help me get it fixed! Who can resist a nice chewy virtual gingerbread man?

Thanks

Going on the first error message this error occurs when the site is trying to connect to the mysql database using the dbname, user name and password in /admin/includes/configure.php.

So look in that file

Does the db exisit with that name?

Does the user exist?

Is the password correct?

Use phpmyadmin to look at the mysql to check the above, don't worry you are unlikly to do any damage unless you empty,truncate or delete things.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Going on the first error message this error occurs when the site is trying to connect to the mysql database using the dbname, user name and password in /admin/includes/configure.php.

So look in that file

Does the db exisit with that name?

Does the user exist?

Is the password correct?

Use phpmyadmin to look at the mysql to check the above, don't worry you are unlikly to do any damage unless you empty,truncate or delete things.

Sorted, thanky ou very much, the problem was in the config file.

thanks!

Archived