• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

did something stupid and cant fix it :(

lindsayanng

i'm not new to the world of style sheets, but i'm no pro either.. Anyways, i was trying figure out (by using the knowledgebase style sheet key) which one of the styles refers to the links on the breadcrum and navigation so i can mess with my little box i am making.. ANYWAYS. i am learning as a go.. SO i changed a few things to see what the outcome would be and finally got them to be where i wanted.. KINDA..

The issue, now ALL of the links are BLUE (unless they are inside of an info box) and i can not figure out why!

my all links style looks like this:

A {
color: #00000;
text-decoration: none;
}

A:hover {
color: #009933;
text-decoration: underline;
}

so now i REALLY dont get it.. Someone please help me.. WHAT DID I DO???

p.s. here is the link to my site so you can SEE for your self.

furry family supplies

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

A {
color: #00000;
text-decoration: none;
}

The color definition in that one only has 5 hex digits.

Try using 6.

:blush:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

haha.. i NEW it was STUPID

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

now i am working on getting my tables to align correctly. I re-arranged the tables in hopes to outline my header cart and add the checkout, login, and my account links in there.. I HAD it right, but somewhere along the line i screwed something up. I keep looking at my table rows and table data but they are messing with my eyes.. maybe i should take a break from the cpu

Not "stupid".

Just a minor oversight.

If you want to experiment with the code and not harm the online site, may I suggest Firefox and the Web Developer plugin

You can "play" with the HTML/CSS code "on the fly" without altering the site until you get exactly what you want.

Although, I must warn you that not all HTML changes render the same in IE and Firefox.

now i am working on getting my tables to align correctly. I re-arranged the tables in hopes to outline my header cart and add the checkout, login, and my account links in there.. I HAD it right, but somewhere along the line i screwed something up. I keep looking at my table rows and table data but they are messing with my eyes.. maybe i should take a break from the cpu

Make a backup of any file you plan to alter before you begin.

If you make a "boo-boo", restore the original and start over...

:blush:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

thanks for the tips.. I have been doing that all along.. I just felt like i got SOO much done in one sitting that i did not want to mess it up..

Would you do me a favor and take a look at my site and tell me if the new header shopping cart is lining up with the column_right stuff?? i cant seem to make it look right, but it might just be my widescreen monitor, in which case i have to mess with A LOT more.

Not aligned.

Add the align="right" here:

<td align="right"><table border="2" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0">

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

THANKS!. i have to say, i am a little proud of myself for this little table that i did ;)

Lindsay,

Your table in your includes/header.php containing yuour logo is not right. In one <td>, you forgot the " > ". Also there are not enough </td> to match the <td>.

Your structure should be something like this

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr> 
<td valign="middle">***Your logo here***</td>
<td align="right"><table border="2px" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="10">
  <tr>
	<td class="headerCart">***Your cart contents code here***</td>
  </tr>
</table></td>	
 </tr>
</table>

Yours currently is like this

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr> <td valign="middle">***Your logo here***</td>
<td><td align="right"><table border="2px" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="10">
<tr><td class="headerCart"***Your cart contents code here***
</td>
</tr>
</table>

</tr>
</table>

Notice the <td><td align="right">, you don't need the <td>.

Notice the <tr><td class="headerCart", you're missing the " > " on the <td>.

I also noticed that you have a </br>. The <br> tag does not need a </br>.

Hope that makes sense and helps.

i'm not sure if you were looking at it WHILE i was editing, but it seems to be ok now.. i was goin gback and forth trying to get it look JUST RIGHT, and now it seems ok.. Do you STILL see the error?

Just curious.. THANKS FOR CHECKING BACK!

I just checked your site and the problems are still there. I also noticed one other thing.

In the table above that with your breadcrumb, my account, cart contents and checkout links, you are missing a </tr> before the </table>

If you go to your site and view the source you can see the output is. It shows up between the <!-- header //--> and <!-- header_eof //--> tags.

Archived