• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Listing - Column Order

Hi, can anyone help me locate the code that determines the display order of the columns in the product listing table.

I've installed the product short description contribution and it works fine, but now I want to remove the model number from the displayed table. When I remove the column (in includes/modules/product_listing.php) for some reason the column order changes itself and I get the order Manufacturers Name, Short Description, Product Name and then Price.. I also made some changes to catalog/index.php which calls the product_listing module which might have caused the change.

I can find the code to control the column headings, column contents and column sorting, but I can't seem to find the code which determines the order they are displayed in, perhaps I going stare crazy now...

The table has all the right fields, with all the right information, just in the wrong order !! :blink:

Thanks

Paul

Start here:

Click Me

Read that post and the next 2 or three after.

If that doesn't work I don't know the answer.

:blush:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Talk about dumb... I'd totally forgotten about the product listing configuration in the admin panel.

Got caught up in coding fever, what with installing the new module & everything...

Thanks, the problem was solved in 20 secs with your advice after spending more than 4 hours hunting through directories and files looking for the code responsible.

Sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help

Paul

Archived