• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Images on different server

CGhoST

Hi Everyone

Is it possible to have images on a different server to where oscommerce is hosted?

If so how would i go about configuring the images folder to be pointed to the server storing the images?

Thanks in advance

Yes, it is. Added a new line to your configure file that has the url of the other server. Then in your shop where the images are shown, change the tep_image call to use that path. The problem with doing this is that if the other server is down or slow to respond, your site will be too.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Plus, if you have SSL installed, you probably won't be able to display images from another server without getting the dreaded "Do you want to display secure and non-secure items?" when in SSLmode.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Yes, it is. Added a new line to your configure file that has the url of the other server. Then in your shop where the images are shown, change the tep_image call to use that path. The problem with doing this is that if the other server is down or slow to respond, your site will be too.

Jack

Hi Jack. You're doing wonderful work with the contributions. I commend you for your hard work.

Me being a novice in all these things could you please tell me in more detail what needs to be done.

I appreciate your hard work.

Thank you

Plus, if you have SSL installed, you probably won't be able to display images from another server without getting the dreaded "Do you want to display secure and non-secure items?" when in SSLmode.

Well the images are all basically product images. They are not mainly in ssl right?

As long as you're just talking about images for your products, probably not many (if any) will be required in SSL mode.

I'm just laying out that possibility for you

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Hi Jack. You're doing wonderful work with the contributions. I commend you for your hard work.

Me being a novice in all these things could you please tell me in more detail what needs to be done.

I appreciate your hard work.

Thank you

Edit your includes/configure.php file and add this line:
  define('DIR_EXT_HTTP', 'http://somedomainname.com/images/');

and then in place where you want to load an image from an extrenal site you use

tep_image(DIR_EXT_HTTP . $product_info['products_image']

Seach for tep_image on those pages to see what needs to be replaced.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Edit your includes/configure.php file and add this line:
  define('DIR_EXT_HTTP', 'http://somedomainname.com/images/');

and then in place where you want to load an image from an extrenal site you use

tep_image(DIR_EXT_HTTP . $product_info['products_image']

Seach for tep_image on those pages to see what needs to be replaced.

Jack

Wow .. Didn't think this was possible but is :-)

Nice .. now last question in regards to this. How do i implement a feature like this to work with Ultra Pics contribution. I thought it wouldn't be too hard but seems it will be. Is it possible with this contribution?

Archived