• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Extra Options For Products? - Anybody?

timmle

My store is optical based so i will be selling spectacles, with lenses etc.

I was wondering if it is possible to have extra options for your product, like radio buttons, where you can select if for instance you want a tint a special coating and then it is automatically added to the basket.

Either that or after selecting add to cart, another page is presented with those very options on it which are then added to the basket?

Can anyone guide me through this process, or offer any help?

Thankyou

My store is optical based so i will be selling spectacles, with lenses etc.

I was wondering if it is possible to have extra options for your product, like radio buttons, where you can select if for instance you want a tint a special coating and then it is automatically added to the basket.

Either that or after selecting add to cart, another page is presented with those very options on it which are then added to the basket?

Can anyone guide me through this process, or offer any help?

Thankyou

Is this what your trying to do....go to my site www.naturalherbs4naturalliving.com and click on the product "CAN" it is in "what new for june" box and just below where it says 100 capsules....it says available options....if you click the arrow it say with book and without book....is this what your looking to do???

Is this what your trying to do....go to my site www.naturalherbs4naturalliving.com and click on the product "CAN" it is in "what new for june" box and just below where it says 100 capsules....it says available options....if you click the arrow it say with book and without book....is this what your looking to do???

If thats what you want then go here =>>>http://www.2serveu.net/osCommerce/tutorials/osc_productattributes.htm

Well i can't even thank you enough, i wasn't even aware that, that was available.

Would i use a easy populate contribution to make that change to every product on my site? or would i have to do those changes for every single item, i am talking hundreds of items. :D

Thanks again.

Ooh another thing,

is there anyway with this tool in the admin panel, to do something like this;

So say if there are 3 drop downs

Lens Type -

Lens Coats-

Lens Tints -

But the selection they make in Lens Type already has one of the 'Lens Coats' options as standard, so is there anyway of changing the Lens Coats and Lens Tints drop down's to reflect the possible combinations from when selecting the Lens Type???

For example:- ***** DropDown 1 is - Half Membership or Full Membership, and DropDown2 is Free Gift or Free Chocolate.

But if you select Full Membership you get free chocolate anyway.

If you can understand, is there any solution to this???

Thankyou.

Well i can't even thank you enough, i wasn't even aware that, that was available.

Would i use a easy populate contribution to make that change to every product on my site? or would i have to do those changes for every single item, i am talking hundreds of items. :D

Thanks again.

Archived