• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New customer accounts not reading zones - BUT does after admin edit

markeinoz

Hi Folks,

This is so weird I dont know how to begin describing it!

In a nutshell:

1. All newly registered customers login, and shop, but when they go to checkout they dont get taxed, shipping or payment options. Because I use paypal as one of my first options it sends that through to them on checkout. More or less everything that is zone related seems to be skipped on newly created uses.

2. IF I go into that account in admin and have a look for something in their details that might not map (eg State) due to mispelling etc, and even IF I simply UPDATE them without changing ANY data - they start working correctly if they log in to make another purchase!

How in blue blazes can that happen??

Is there a record that is not being set correctly for new users, or read from the database, until after it is accessed from admin??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Mark E. in OZ

OK no responses so I must be the only one with this problem! ;-)

On further testing of dozens of scenarios, I have deduced that zone info is simply not being read or saved into the db correctly to new registration.

So again all that is required to fix the record is to perform a straight update in the customer record in admin. I dont even need to make changes.

Please - has anyone any ideas?

Cheers

Mark E.

OK folks I found the problem.

After getting access to the database, I trolled through and discovered that I had a replication of countries which of course threw out the zones as there was a mismatch. I encourage you to comb through the database and make sure there is only 1 entry for countries+state etc

So I removed the dupes and then had to go back through the customer list and reset the state/country settings 1 by 1 to update correctly.

cheers

Mark

OK folks I found the problem.

After getting access to the database, I trolled through and discovered that I had a replication of countries which of course threw out the zones as there was a mismatch. I encourage you to comb through the database and make sure there is only 1 entry for countries+state etc

So I removed the dupes and then had to go back through the customer list and reset the state/country settings 1 by 1 to update correctly.

cheers

Mark

That is an unusual error. I would suspect that a contribution that you installed duplicated the countries.

Archived