• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Emails suddenly stopped sending!

gayla

After 4+ years of the email system working wonderfully, yesterday, they stopped going out. I currently have about 8 orders sitting in the system and I have received no email for any of them.

The email address that orders normally go to is receiving other mail, just not order emails. I placed a test order and did not receive a confirmation (the buyer's copy). I tried the contact us feature and that email also didn't go through.

The email adress that I use for orders is not connected to the same domain/host that OSC is on.

Based on all of the above, I'm thinking that something must have changed with my OSC code.

I've made no changes to any code in the last week except updating some text on the main page. I cannot see where that may cause this problem.

I can't recall anywhere other than on the admin configuration pages that the email address is coded in. Oh, and I did just trying switching from sendmail to smtp and that didn't do anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gayla

• 2 weeks later...

I am exactly in the same boat as you, everything was working fine for years and now all of a sudden things stop. I have made no changes to my coding as well, I just don't get it. I am ready to can OS commerce because strange stuff like this is happening way too many times...

After further testing I believe that it is my host that is causing this issue. The issue only seems to happen on form type emails. I try a few other sites that I have with same host with contact pages and none of the emails have come through.

I also had oscommerce for 3+ years and ALL emails, orders, contact us, customer emails, stopped. I just resently installed oscommerce 2.2 rc2a. After many, many tweaks, still no emails from this either? I deleted everything and started from scratch with 2.2 rc2a, placed an order and still no email. I've got a ticket open into tech support, but it's been 4 days and not getting anywhere.

I also had oscommerce for 3+ years and ALL emails, orders, contact us, customer emails, stopped. I just resently installed oscommerce 2.2 rc2a. After many, many tweaks, still no emails from this either? I deleted everything and started from scratch with 2.2 rc2a, placed an order and still no email. I've got a ticket open into tech support, but it's been 4 days and not getting anywhere.

My email started working again this morning. I was expecting to get the missing emails 3 orders, but I didn't get them.

Did this only start when you installed the upgrade? My issue was that the email just stopped without any code changes. I really think that it was my host and not OSC. Your email still works right? If you send an email from a regular email account to your store email it goes through?

If your email just suddenly stops working and you have not edited the code then there are only two possibilities:

1. The email address is corrupted or just plain no longer working. It could also be full and not accepting any mor email.

2. Your hosting company has disabled sendmail or smtp or both.

Vger

My email started working again this morning. I was expecting to get the missing emails 3 orders, but I didn't get them.

Did this only start when you installed the upgrade? My issue was that the email just stopped without any code changes. I really think that it was my host and not OSC. Your email still works right? If you send an email from a regular email account to your store email it goes through?

I'm very glad your email started going thru biophase!

Our email still works outside of OSC. Anything (order emails, contact us, customer emails) within OSC old version or new version won't go thru. It seems like something got stuck for a better term. I'm going with vger's last possibility. I still have a ticket open with my hosting co. We'll see what they say.

I'm very glad your email started going thru biophase!

Our email still works outside of OSC. Anything (order emails, contact us, customer emails) within OSC old version or new version won't go thru. It seems like something got stuck for a better term. I'm going with vger's last possibility. I still have a ticket open with my hosting co. We'll see what they say.

The fact that the original poster and the 1st replier has not come back to reply this thread also makes me think that their emails started working shortly after they posted. Hopefully your emails will start to work.

• 2 months later...

I am also having problems with sending emails. I have yet to get it to work. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I discovered when I went into "tools" in the admin page and click on the "server info", it showed that the smtp_port as 2525. I thought this was normally just 25.

Is this an error? If it is how do I correct it?

If your email just suddenly stops working and you have not edited the code then there are only two possibilities:

1. The email address is corrupted or just plain no longer working. It could also be full and not accepting any mor email.

2. Your hosting company has disabled sendmail or smtp or both.

Vger

My email just partially stop working; email still send out to customer to confirm order or update status; but won't send any to me when there is a order. any idea where I should start looking?

My email just partially stop working; email still send out to customer to confirm order or update status; but won't send any to me when there is a order. any idea where I should start looking?

This has happened here also. Out of the blue order notification emails going to one address stopped being sent for no apparent reason. No code has been changed and other notification emails have been arriving. I've checked throught the exim logs to see if there is a problem there - no, tried sending to the email address outside of OS - fine, no problems, even increased the mailbox size. Nothing. Has anyone above worked out why their emails started working again?

This has happened here also. Out of the blue order notification emails going to one address stopped being sent for no apparent reason. No code has been changed and other notification emails have been arriving. I've checked throught the exim logs to see if there is a problem there - no, tried sending to the email address outside of OS - fine, no problems, even increased the mailbox size. Nothing. Has anyone above worked out why their emails started working again?

Well, they've started again. No rhyme nor reason. Oh, well. No-one any ideas I suppose?

:blink:

Archived