• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Display problem of oscommerce when view from Spain and Germany

nycbags

Hi

I have this weird problem. My website is www.manhattanportage.com. I make the template and customize css file by myself. When i view the website in USA using IE7, firefox, it displays perfectly. One thing I do not understand is if someone view the website in Germany, Spain (so far those are 2 countries from Europe that I know), there will be a display problem. Is this something to do with language setting in oscommerce. I keep it as original as I download from oscommerce. I only changed/added files in english folder. For the files in espanol and german folder, I did not touch it at all.

Any suggestions???

thanksss

I only changed/added files in english folder. For the files in espanol and german folder, I did not touch it at all.

You've answered your own question.

If you want a site to be multilingual you have to keep all the language files up to date.

You also have the enter all your categories and products and their descriptions in all languages as well.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

....if someone view the website in Germany, Spain (so far those are 2 countries from Europe that I know

There are loads of other countries in Europe: http://geography.about.com/library/maps/blreurope.htm

:P

Also, you don't need to go to Spain or Germany to view the site. You can just change your language selection to see teh German/Spanish versions.

My site is not multi language. I want everyone to view my site only in English. My site does not have a flag link to change language.

Do you mean if someone view my site from Spain, the espanol folder will be set to default??

The display problem that I mean is even if someone from Spain view my site in English, the display is still wrong.

Long answer:

If you want your shop to be truly "mutli-lingual" you have to keep all the language files current, and enter all your products, categories, and their descriptions in every language you support.

Short answer:

Yes.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived