• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

removing a link

sheltonjb

hi folks, i'm trying to remove the 'contact us' link but each time i do the page gets destroyed, can someone tell me how without blowing things up? :) thanks alot

Shelton Brown

Web/Graphic Designer

hi folks, i'm trying to remove the 'contact us' link but each time i do the page gets destroyed, can someone tell me how without blowing things up? :) thanks alot

That can appear in many places, so not knowing where your trying to remove makes it difficult, dont worry, next time I see my psychic I'll ask her, she may know.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

That can appear in many places, so not knowing where your trying to remove makes it difficult, dont worry, next time I see my psychic I'll ask her, she may know.

why do you need to know where i'm removing it from, the question is, i want to remove it?

judging by your sarcastic reply, obviously you dont know..

Shelton Brown

Web/Graphic Designer

why do you need to know where i'm removing it from, the question is, i want to remove it?

That is correct, no one will know how to remove it if they do not know where it is being removed from.

i need to remove it altogether, i dont want it on there, so my question is....how? what do i need to delete and where

Not very helpful are you. I will assume (and I just know that I will regret posting this) from the information.php file in catalog\includes\boxes

Change

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONDITIONS) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a>');

to

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONDITIONS) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS . '</a>');

Of course I`ve no idea, I`ve only written/modified a couple of dozen contribs, so have no idea what I'm doing really.

As you clearly don't want help & like to make as hard as possible for anyone to do that anyway, I`ll just add you to my banned list. Bye

:angry:

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Of course I`ve no idea, I`ve only written/modified a couple of dozen contribs, so have no idea what I'm doing really.

As you clearly don't want help & like to make as hard as possible for anyone to do that anyway, I`ll just add you to my banned list. Bye

Ouch!

You just lost getting help from someone who gives a lot of FREE help to people on his OWN TIME.

FYI: People ask you for info to better help you.

Good luck with everything.

oh no! please dont ha..

i asked a question "how to remove the contact us link" and you got all dumb on my ass, how else am i suppose to ask a simple question like that? i'll figure it out, just thought someone might know thats all.

Shelton Brown

Web/Graphic Designer

Not very helpful are you. I will assume (and I just know that I will regret posting this) from the information.php file in catalog\includes\boxes

Change

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONDITIONS) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a>');

to

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONDITIONS) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS . '</a>');

thanks coopco, worked just fine. :thumbsup:

Shelton Brown

Web/Graphic Designer

Archived