• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can someone take a peak at my site

shanehamelin

Can someone take a peak at my site

Just a template I have tried changing.. I have NO experiance with oscommerce and a total php NOOB

Here is the shop site.. http://www.shopshine.net

Here is what I was hoping to do to the look: http://www.shopshine.net/testlab (Did it with HTML) but its just for look , not a shop)

Couple questions:

1) I need to get those buttons text fixed, need the roll over to be PINK

2) Need to move the Cart at top over and add the flash header

3) Don't know how the store picks the three products displayed at bottom, would like to put other products there

4) Would like the left side bar to look more like the (Demo HTML Page - /testlab one..)

5)The "Grey Background" would like to lighten it up... What do you think? Light Pink?

Thanks Everyone for helping this NOOB!

Shane

Unfortunately, shanehamelin, you are unlikely to get any help because you are using a template. Many of the files will no longer be standard osCommerce and no one will know what needs changing.

Yes, but I think some of my questions are pretty basic that transfer over to all oscommerce..

Like I already figured out how to change the button roll overs to pink..

One thing I just cant find in the boxes is that darn "Quick contacts:" orange box on the right

that has the store address.. Can find it anywhere in the store directory.. I know its somewhere

just can seem to find the area to edit it!

Unfortunately, shanehamelin, you are unlikely to get any help because you are using a template. Many of the files will no longer be standard osCommerce and no one will know what needs changing.

your are using a template, best ask template provider, Quick contacts is not a standard osC box.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Yes, but I think some of my questions are pretty basic that transfer over to all oscommerce..

Like I already figured out how to change the button roll overs to pink..

One thing I just cant find in the boxes is that darn "Quick contacts:" orange box on the right

that has the store address.. Can find it anywhere in the store directory.. I know its somewhere

just can seem to find the area to edit it!

Mr Wilson is correct. While you may be able to make minor cosmetic changes to the template (images/bg_quick_kontacts.gif), moving block items and the such will be a nightmare (been there, done that) as the code has been hacked beyond recognition... and I doubt it will ever validate.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

GROUCHO (1895-1977)

I understand...

Im getting there though..

Take a look.. Getting close

http://www.shopshine.com

Mr Wilson is correct. While you may be able to make minor cosmetic changes to the template (images/bg_quick_kontacts.gif), moving block items and the such will be a nightmare (been there, done that) as the code has been hacked beyond recognition... and I doubt it will ever validate.

Use the supplied HTML file to integrate the template look using STS (Simple Template System).

1) Use CSS and/or a piece of jquery

2) STS - get to know it

3) Featured Products

4) STS - get to know it

5) http://www.colorschemer.com - nice colour picker

There are a couple of STS tutorials including 1 commercially available that takes a design and shows you how to take a HTML design and learn how to integrate to osCommerce. As it's commercially available, I cannot unfortunately post the URL.

If this is NOT a pre-made osCommerce Template, I see no reason why you cannot get support here - it's only the osCommerce Template Monsters that are not so good. The HTML template section is good.

There was no htlm file with it...

But I have three images that show in the subheader.php area.. I was the only please I could find them

They are banner_01, banner_02, banner_03 Right now when I click them they goto this link

banner_01 goes to: http://store.shopshine.net/redirect.php?ac...nner&goto=2 (New Window)

banner_02 goes to: http://store.shopshine.net/redirect.php?ac...nner&goto=3 (New Window)

banner_03 goes to: http://store.shopshine.net/redirect.php?ac...nner&goto=4 (New Window)

I need them to goto differant links..

I need the banner_01 NOT TO HAVE A LINK, NOTHING

I need the banner_02 to link to a manufactures products only I have on the store, Like We now carry "Joe Yahoo's Products"

they click it an only he products list

I need the banner_03 to goto the Specials Area of products..

Here is the only area I could find and referrance to them here in the subheader.php

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="height:380px">
 <tr>
<td colspan="2" height="191"><?php if ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic', 'baner_01')) {echo tep_display_banner('static', $banner);}?></td>
<td>
<!---------------->
	<div style="width:178px; height:190px; background:#161616">
		<div class="box_information_heding"><?php echo BOX_HEADING_INFORMATION.' :' ?></div>
		<div style="padding:0 15px">
			<div style="height:24px"><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('shipping.php') ?>" class="box_information_text"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES.'dot_white.gif','','','','align="left" style="margin:6px 12px 0 0"').BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING ?></a></div>
			<div style="height:24px"><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('privacy.php') ?>" class="box_information_text"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES.'dot_white.gif','','','','align="left" style="margin:6px 12px 0 0"').BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY ?></a></div>
			<div style="height:24px"><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('conditions.php') ?>" class="box_information_text"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES.'dot_white.gif','','','','align="left" style="margin:6px 12px 0 0"').BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS ?></a></div>
			<div style="height:24px"><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('contact_us.php') ?>" class="box_information_text"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES.'dot_white.gif','','','','align="left" style="margin:6px 12px 0 0"').BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT ?></a></div>
			<div style="height:24px"><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('sitemap.php') ?>" class="box_information_text"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES.'dot_white.gif','','','','align="left" style="margin:6px 12px 0 0"').BOX_HEADING_SITEMAP ?></a></div>
		</div>
	</div>
<!---------------->
</td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
<td height="189" width="292">
	<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="height:190px">
	  <tr>
		<td height="95"><?php if ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic', 'baner_02')) {echo tep_display_banner('static', $banner);}?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td height="95"><?php if ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic', 'baner_03')) {echo tep_display_banner('static', $banner);}?></td>
	  </tr>
	</table>
</td>
<td width="179">
<!---------------->
<?php
include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'best_sellers.php');
?><table border="0" width="178" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" bgcolor="#E4E4E4" style="height:100%">
 <tr>
<td class="zag_best_sellers"><?php echo BOX_HEADING_BESTSELLERS; ?></td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
<td height="100%" valign="top"><?php	
if (tep_db_num_rows($best_sellers_query) >= MIN_DISPLAY_BESTSELLERS) {
echo '<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="margin:0 0 0 0">';
for ($i=0; isset($info_box_contents[$i]['link']); $i++) {
 echo '<tr><td height="20" width="10" style="padding:0 0 0 16px">'. tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'ugolok_best_sellers.gif') .'</td>
 <td class="best_sell">'.$info_box_contents[$i]['link'].$info_box_contents[$i]['name'].' </a></td>
 </tr>
 ';
}
echo '</table>';
?>
<!-- best_sellers_eof //-->
<?php
 } else {
 echo '<div>We have no item</div>';  
 }
 ?></td>
</tr>
</table>
<!---------------->
</td>
<td>
<!---------------->
<div style="width:178px; height:189px; background:url(images/bg_quick_kontacts.gif) no-repeat;">
<p align="center">                                     
<span style="background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: 0% 0%">
 <b><font face="Tahoma" style="font-size: 9pt">OUR STORE LOCATION       </font></b></span>
<p align="center"><font face="Tahoma">
<span style="background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: 0% 0%"><b>
<font size="2"> DOWNTOWN ROYAL OAK</font></b><font size="2"> 
621 South Washington      
Royal Oak, Michigan 48068
Tel.: 1-248-414-5277        
Toll Free.: 1-866-75-SHINE Fax.: 1-248-414-5310       
</font></span></font>
</div>
<!---------------->
</td>
 </tr>
</table>

Can anyone help?

Shane

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Beutiful webpage. I found some things you may want to take a look.

the new products, advance search link, as well as the view all link it send you to a page that does not exists.

you should remove the sitemap link if there is not a sitemap on the page. (it says "Put here your Site Map")

Archived