• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

column right is falling below my product discription

Can anyone tell me what might cause this to happen. You can go here to see what i mean.

Visit My Website

on some products, the column right boxes fall below the product discriptions. :blink:

It is caused by a missing/extra table element. You probably added a contribution and added a <tr>, or something along those lines. You should reload a backup file and try making whaever changes you made to see where the problem is at.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack, I'm new to osc but I have installed some new contributions. I thought the problem would be in the product_info.php file but I replaced that. I also replaced catalog/includes/languages/english/product_info.php

None of this seems to help, and what really puzzles me is the fact that it dosen't do this on all products. It's almost

as if it needs to wrap the text in the product discription. Do you know of a contribution for wrapping text?

Thanks, Rickey

did you notice that it goes away if you hover over it??

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Hovering doesn’t have any effect, I tried placing the product description inside a table its self and that worked, I can control the size of the table. The only problem with that is, the "click to enlarge" doesn’t work for the image. I am totally stumped on this. I cant make the text lines in the product descriptions wrap themselves. I have replaced the product_info.php again and still get the same results. Any help or advice on this would be very very much appreciated.

This is what the product discriptions look like when I ad a product:

<font class=description><b>Specification</b><ul> <li><b>Mfr Part Number: </b>EX4220-2555/LX.E9306.005</li> <li><b>Processor: </b>Intel Celeron M Processor 540 (1.86GHz, 1MB L2 Cache, FSB 533MHz)</li> <li><b>Chipset: </b>Mobile Intel GL960 Express</li> <li><b>Memory: </b>1GB (2x 512MB) DDR2-533 Memory, Max Capacity 2GB</li> <li><b>Display: </b>14.1" WXGA (1280x800) TFT LCD, Upto 16.7 Million Colors</li> <li><b>Graphics Module: </b>Intel GMA X3100 Graphics Controller</li> <li><b>Hard Drive: </b>120GB Hard Drive</li> <li><b>Optical Storage Device: </b>Integrated Variable-speed CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo Drive</li> <li><b>Audio: </b>Integrated 2x Acer 3DSonic Stereo Speakers and Microphone; Microsoft DirectSound Compatibility</li> <li><b>Connectivity: </b>V.92 56Kbps Data/Fax Modem; 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet; Acer InviLink 802.11b/g Wireless LAN</li> <li><b>Interface: </b>4x USB 2.0 Ports; 1x IEEE 1394 Port; 1x FIR Port; 1x VGA Port; 1x TV-out; 1x RJ11 Modem Port; 1x RJ45 LAN Port; 1x Microphone-in; 1x Headphones/Speaker/Line-out; 1x Line-in; 1x Type II PC Card Slot</li> <li><b>Card Reader: </b>5-in-1 Card Reader Support MultiMediaCard, Secure Digital Card, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, xD-Picture Card</li> <li><b>Battery Pack & life: </b>6-cell Lithium Ion Battery, upto 2.2 hours Life Time</li> <li><b>AC Adapter: </b>65 Watt AC Adapter</li> <li><b>Dimensions (WxDxH): </b>13 x 9.8 x 1.2~1.6 inch / 331 x 248 x 29.7~41 mm</li> <li><b>Weight: </b>5.3 lbs / 2.4 kg</li> <li><b>Operating System: </b>Genuine Windows XP Professional</li> </ul>

i was just telling you that hovering DID make a difference on my browser. When i hovered to see if the links were clickable, the entire column went away.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

I dont have any idea at all what I did but I have got it working right now. This problem was only in the "Notebook Computers" category so i deleted the "notebook computers" category along with all the products. I uploaded the products again into the categories and now it works fine. I wish I new what I did.

Check this out

I did move the image to the center.

Archived